Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
Well Christmas came early thanks to neil54 sending me a few made up seals to try and got one fitted yesterday and it held air and as we speak is still holding with no leaks.

Big thanks to Neil and everyone on here for the help and keeping another rifle working.
Merry Christmas!

JB designed the unit as a pressure relief valve and shot indicator combined to work with the Spitfire and Firebird SF versions. These worked in combination with the 200cc SuperTen buddy bottles which were used to top up the system without the use of fill adapters, hoses gauges etc. Just screw the bottle in until the relief valve cuts in and you have a full fill. The shot indicator shows when a refill is necessary. It is a low pressure system, unlike the HF version. If working correctly the pressure relief valve is extremely accurate and consistent to within a few psi with little wastage of air. Maximum working pressure was set at around 1900psi so JB told me.
The question is the rifle may hold air but is the pressure relief valve/shot indicator working as it should? JB once told me that the internal size and finish of the hole in the disc has to be precise and is critical to accurate long term performance. It must be parallel sided. Punching sheet leaves a tapered hole. Originally he made some from PTFE for his prototypes and although these worked he considered them unsuitable for production and long term use for a variety of reasons. He then paid for tooling to make a small quantity how he wanted them with BSA paying the cost of final tooling when production started.
I got most of this information by contacting JB as Benelli 76 suggested you might. Fingers crossed your fix works.