.....Or will it turn out to be a sows ear?

I've been looking for something a bit different to play with next year and stumbled across the Cometa Fenix 400 Premier carbine (on the McAvoys site), now I love a really short barrelled carbine with a big fat silencer on the end, the normal beech stocked Cometa 400 carbine has always caught my eye but it's just one of those rifles that has never begged me to buy one.

I've always been a sucker for a walnut stock but I'm not expecting anything special with this one but who knows you may get a little bit of fancy grain, I know one of the members on here (vestlenning I believe) managed to obtain a lovely walnut stocked 400 when the subject was touched on before a long time ago, I have since found photo's of the said above stock but it had the longer barrelled action but seeing the carbine version on McAvoys site has drawn me too it even more now knowing I can get the walnut stock and carbine barrel in the same package.

Am I viewing this rifle with rose tinted glasses or can it actually turn out to be a nice little shooter with a bit of fettling, I know it's not going to have the trigger and shooting pleasantness of a HW99 but I'm just thinking of trying a different type of underdog with a fancy party frock.

Pete