Thread: Match Pistol -right hand, left eye

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm in the same situation.. had been shoting right handed for many years before someone pointed out that my left eye was dominant.

With rifles, i always managed to sight with my right eye... after all these years my left eye is used to closing, but i did struggle with match pistol, and ended up using a blind over the left eye.

When shooting FB pistol (2 handed), I've adjusted my position over the years and now bring the pistol more across my body to use the left eye.

Things have got worse over the last year, and I've now been diagnosed with cataracts forming on my right eye!

I did try shooting left handed a few weeks ago, it just felt so wrong..!

I shot my Morini with a 7 degree rink with a thick volume which worked well, Now shooting an FWB and the grip adjustment allows me to shoot a standard rink with what have so far been very good results, Add some bluetac to the grip heel and see how it feels, you can remove the bluetac easily and it's far cheaper to try than buying a grip, you may find you need less than the 7 degrees due to the rotational adjustment of the EVO, I've tried right eye/right hand, left eye/left hand but Left eye/right hand just feels more natural, I can sight a rifle right eye no problem but not a pistol, in all honesty it's never really bothered me , go with what feels right and gives you the best results.,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more