Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
Bob- that’s a lovely story of your boomerang grip! It does start to nudge me to a Rink .
Yana -thanks for the link -I’ve just tried it and I am most definitely 100% Left eye dominant.
I did try the extreme stance last night , starting at 135 degrees but found it over compensated. A more natural zero stance , with the gripfeeling much more natural was actually about 110 degrees. However, unfortunately I didn’t get much chance to really try it. Last week I voiced my intention to source a vintage rifle and several members brought in their favourites for me to try, so a lot of time was taken up having some boyhood fun. At 6yards, I was actually better with a mule kicking Cadet Major from 1950 than my slightly less vintage Original 75. But considering the difference in recoil, sights,stock,trigger and overall technology, I was amazed.
I now recall something Robin said about anyone can score 90’s using a broom handle grip with the right technique ! It really was a good lesson in the adages around how much we blame our kit for poor results instead of ourselves !
Anyway, back to the home range tomorrow to continue testing the 110deg stance ( once sprout peeling duties completed!)
ATB
Lundy