Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big day tomorrow

A couple of weeks ago I was given a 2005 Webley Venom Viper which I was told was defective as it couldn't be recharged with air with the Logun pump that came with it.
    I gave it a quick check over and it was plain that there was an O-ring missing from the probe which I replaced from the box of O-ring from Aldi I had in the shed.
    I fitted the probe to the hose from my dive bottle and recharged it, I couldn't believe it, but the rifle has held its max. air pressure (200 bar) for a couple of weeks, so it hasn't got any serious problem with the air pressure and valve system.
    I found that the rifle which was supposed to a very accurate model had a problem as the best group I could get was around 10" at 10 yards, I email Steve at V-Mach Custom Rifles Ltd who designed and built these custom rifles for Webley (it is basically a highly modified Webley Raider) who was unbelievably helpful what a great company they are to deal with.
    After following his instruction, I am sure I have found a rectified the accuracy problem as a Steve suggested the defect was the incorrect alignment of the after-market moderator fitted to the rifle and the barrel shroud, having now taken the moderator apart and found plenty of lead chips trapped in the moderator the cause of the problem was obvious which I have now rectified.
    It is running a bit too close to the legal limit for comfort with my chronograph readings at an average of 607 f.p.s. and Ft. Lbs 11.884 over ten shots with 14.5 gr. Super Dome.
    I have yet a use it at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Will do Tony mate
    As we all know, Steve (V-MACH) has been very poorly for the last couple of years and only works on days that he feels well enough, the fact that he even bothered to do my guns is very humbling and a credit to Steve's integrity, he is a true gent and I feel overwhelmed that I'm going to own a gun built by one of the legends of our sport, thank you very much Steve, atb Daz
    Thanks, Daz.

I know what you mean regarding that pure buzz of owning guns worked on by that true legend, Steve.

I've never had a peep inside any of my Venoms. Just wouldn't feel right and I wouldn't want to disturb Venom's and Steve's work. Hence, when I deemed that the Predator and my 77 Vantage were due a re-fresh, they were duly left with Steve to work his magic. It must be said that, even prior to the re-fresh they were shooting most consistently, smoothly and accurately, having not been touched internally for 27 years. Waiting time irrelevant. I have a couple of Venom tuned 80s which I haven't touched in donkeys' years that could really do with leaving with Steve, too.

Legends endure the test of time.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

To top an already fantastic day, I managed to prise a venom HW35 out of MACH 1.5's incredible grip and took that home aswell, thanks Paul, not to mention the free V-MACH t-shirts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Thanks Bad Daz for the lift today. Keep the Venom 35E to yourself or everyone will want one!! Best wishes Mach 1.5
    Very well done, Daz. How did you manage that? Has Paul recovered yet?

Worry not, Paul; we'll keep quiet!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Very well done, Daz. How did you manage that? Has Paul recovered yet?

Worry not, Paul; we'll keep quiet!
    He was distracted by his new V-MACH t-shirt lol

This thread is pointless without PHOTO'S
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Yep, I'll post some pictures in 2 and a half years lol

Is he getting better now Daz, it's been a few months since I have seen him at his workshop
    I know he wasn't well, it would be great to see him back full time at what he does best.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

He was distracted by his new V-MACH t-shirt lol
    Nice ploy, Daz!

Big Day.

It was good to see Steve today and to have a catch up before Christmas. Thanks to Bad Daz Taxi service over to VMach. Mach 1.5

How jolly dignified of you, Paul (after having that rifle wrestled away from your grasp!)

Glad you had a most enjoyable visit to The Master.

How's he doing? (Pm if you prefer).