Thread: Valuation for Boxed .177 Beeman C1

Valuation for Boxed .177 Beeman C1

As above. Rifle condition is as if it has just come out of the shop, complete with original manual.

Guess: £250?

Plastic carton, or full box?

There can’t be many in that condition.

Mint in box prices have been on the rise. This little rifle has a following.
    I'd give it a week at £300; a week at £275, and several weeks at £250. If someone wants it ...bang.

They don't come up that often, though not unheard of. Its a Webley, Webley's are collectable. When is the next one coming up?
    More money than that then there are sexier rifles to be had for sure. That a plain jane might make the same as a Webley Vulcan Deluxe is because there were more of the latter built.

These were made for the USA market and might be two a penny there. But few inexpensive rifle ever survive anyhow. In the UK they painted some black and called them the Cobra. (Happy to be corrected if wrong.)

The above prices are in the region of what I had in mind.

No real help to you but in the US these are not that common to see. Surprising given they were imported for a number of years by Beeman? My theory is these are both collectable but also very good rifles that fit a practical hunting niche. Just think people keep them.

Thanks for all the suggested valuations; I will shortly post a sales thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    In the UK they painted some black and called them the Cobra. (Happy to be corrected if wrong.)
    Not sure about that. I don’t remember it anyway.

Webley did make some Trackers (from 1986 onwards) with both camo and black painted stocks. And in 86 or 87 a couple of Viscounts in black stocks with bipod and silencer that were displayed to the trade and press, but never catalogued, called the Stingray. Given that 1987 was peak HW77, not introducing a tacticool sidelever taploader was probably the right call.

Thinking about values, as I think I posted in another recent C1 thread, most C1s in the US are .177”. Most in the U.K. are .22”. So the calibre may bump up value a little here.