Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hw77 venom lazaglide "gold sierra"

hw77 venom lazaglide "gold sierra"

Just bought a gun from local gunshop as a hw77 venom serial 102 so 1983 I think
    It has black comp tube with twin cobra sticker best bluing I've seen what looks like a vantage stock thumbhole with brass or gold plated cap and an adjustable but pad
    It has gold plated trigger housing trigger and guard with a nickel chrome plated underlever with northern arms co engraved one side gold sierra engraved on the other
    I can't post photos for some reason ?? Thanks scott

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Good, that might curtail some of the hate that will shortly be directed at you!

Great find that man, and Merry Christmas!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Gold sierra and venom indicate that 2 tuners worked on the gun. I can't remember the name but there was a gunshop in Manchester that commissioned the gold sierra 80 and 77, from memory these had custom blueing and gold sierra engraved into the action. From your description i suspect the gun started as a gold sierra and later went to venom

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Good, that might curtail some of the hate that will shortly be directed at you!

Great find that man, and Merry Christmas!
    Thanks there be more than that directed at me if the missus sees I bought another underlever
    Been told most likely a northern arms gold sierra that's been sent to venom later it shoots a treat trigger crisper than any I've shot can see what the fuss is about atb scott

Quote Originally Posted by Imp22 View Post
    Gold sierra and venom indicate that 2 tuners worked on the gun. I can't remember the name but there was a gunshop in Manchester that commissioned the gold sierra 80 and 77, from memory these had custom blueing and gold sierra engraved into the action. From your description i suspect the gun started as a gold sierra and later went to venom

Agree with that. Glad you bought it, Scott - I remember you posting on my thread below a couple of months back. So that's two of us on here who have one.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....93-Gold-Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by scott hw77 View Post
    Thanks there be more than that directed at me if the missus sees I bought another underlever
    Been told most likely a northern arms gold sierra that's been sent to venom later it shoots a treat trigger crisper than any I've shot can see what the fuss is about atb scott
    Was writing as you posted imp 22 cheers atb scott

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Agree with that. Glad you bought it, Scott - I remember you posting on my thread below a couple of months back. So that's two of us on here who have one.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....93-Gold-Sierra
    I can remember reading the thread thinks yours had a different stock I'd love to see a pic atb scott

I owned a Northern Arms Gold Sierra HW80 a while ago. Of the two groups who worked on the OP's rifle easily the most important was Venom. Northern Arms main contribution would be cosmetic. No doubt they did a few other things too but nothing compared with the work involved in lazagliding.
    Anyway, should be a lovely rifle.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I have a 77K Venom Lazaglide in .22 with serial number 1022xxx which was shipped from HW in 1985 to Venom so if your serial starts 102 then I guess it's 1985 also.

Don't they shoot lovely, smooth easy cocking, hardly any recoil & no twang or other noises.

Rob
    Last edited by Robet; 23-12-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    I have a 77K Venom Lazaglide in .22 with serial number 1022xxwhich was shipped from HW in 1985 to Venom so if your serial starts 102 then I guess it's 1985 also.

Don't they shoot lovely, smooth easy cocking, hardly any recoil & no twang or other noises.

Rob
    This one will be 18 rifles after yours maybe made same day like you say it's shoots like nothing I've used I got 77 with top hat spring guide and a polish that shoots well but this is completely different atb scott

The Gold Sierra was from Northern Arms co in Doncaster.It came with tuned action,a grade 1 Walnut stock option of thumbhole or sporter,gold plated trigger block,trigger & trigger guard.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The Gold Sierra was from Northern Arms co in Doncaster.It came with tuned action,a grade 1 Walnut stock option of thumbhole or sporter,gold plated trigger block,trigger & trigger guard.
    This has a thumbhole similar to varmint but maybe is the original if I could post photos u would put it up but not allowed as yet atb scott

It may well be the original stock with the action worked on by Venom.The tuned action by NAC was simply stated tuned,have a look at Venom stocks to see how it compares.

Mine has a Tyrolean stock. walnut, with rosewood caps on the grip and fore-end.

Extremely jealous, been after anything from Northern arms for a long time, always miss out.

Used to go to Northern arms on copley Road at Doncaster most weekends as a kid whilst my dad attended local livestock market.

If you guys who own any of these rifles fancied starring a thread with pics of them - I'd love to see them, or if any ever came onto the market please message me

Matt