Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best modern repeater Air Pistol

Best modern repeater Air Pistol

Hi all,
    I (love and) collect older air pistols, particularly pre war. Highest Possible, straight grip Webleys, Tells, H28, Benjamin Franklin 177/122, Hubertus etc.
    That said I do wonder if I should add the latest tech to my collection. What's the view on this board of the best quality repeater Air Pistol on sale today?? What will be the collectors piece on 20 years? Appreciate views...
    Steve
    P. S. H28R still on my list....

I would like some thoughts on this topic too.

The market for repeating air pistols seems to be either CO2 revolvers disguised as semi-auto firearms, CO2 replica revolvers, semi-auto bb guns, or bolt action guns with a rotary magazine.

The only new-to-buy 'self' repeating pistols I can think of are the Baikal MP-651k and the new Artemis CP400, both of which are non-replica revolvers. (I have excluded the 5-shot match pistols for £1500!).

I want to be wrong about this as I would really like to have a decent choice of air pistols I can blast away with and not have to keep re-cocking....
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Check out the Aeron B96, Steyr LP50, FWB P58, Drulov DU10.

Of the replica things, Umarex S&W 586/686, preferably 6” barrel. Or CP88. Or maybe Beretta 92. Best of the bunch given today’s offerings of pot-metal BB flingers. But they’ve been on the market for two decades.

Despite what I said about BB flingers, the Baikal Drozd, more a carbine, less a pistol, is undoubtedly worth more more now, and more sought after, than when it was new.

Older stuff: Crosman 600; Crosman 38C/T; Hammerli Rapid/Duell; any Hy-Score repeater.

The last may be most to your taste.

Hope this helps!

What about the humble g10 repeater!
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    The only new-to-buy 'self' repeating pistols I can think of are the Baikal MP-651k and the new Artemis CP400.
    The Baikal is surprisingly good for the price. Mine shoots about as well as the Umarex replica pellet guns, despite an originally wonky rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    What about the humble g10 repeater!
    . A sort of repeating Gat, only worse.

Drulov DU10
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

This may be the wrong section for this question.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    This may be the wrong section for this question.
    Not unless it concerns modern collectable....
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

I can see a quality competition multi-shot pistol such as the Steyr LP50 being attractive to collectors of the future, but I don't believe anything will ever exceed the pure pleasure and fun that can be had with the good old Crosman 600 .

Brian

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    +1 for the Crosman 600 and still pretty cheap for a true semi-auto rather than the double action replicas which are basically revolvers disguised as autoloaders.
    Not to mention double the mag capacity of the 5 shot match pistols

Very helpful and food for thought. Crosman 600 to be researched further 🙂 Thanks for responses. I have a Hyscore repeater and love the meshing cylinder design. Quite wonderful. H28R tops list but no longer sensible prices. Iooked at the boxed one at Kempton but could not part with that much money. Recent sales make it look cheap 😢
    Happy Christmas to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    Very helpful and food for thought. Crosman 600 to be researched further �� Thanks for responses. I have a Hyscore repeater and love the meshing cylinder design. Quite wonderful. H28R tops list but no longer sensible prices. Iooked at the boxed one at Kempton but could not part with that much money. Recent sales make it look cheap ��
    Happy Christmas to all.
    Started in the hobby at retirement here in the US three years ago and in 6 months had acquired 3 Haenel 28R’s at pretty reasonable prices given their rarity. Haven’t seen one since? Crazy thing about this hobby can be feast or famine. They are so well built nothing like them really, with that precise loading mechanism, double leather seals. Makes the Hy-Score which I love as well looks like toys.

The Crosman 600 has never been topped, imo. Be sure to take a look at what MAC-1 in California does with these. In particular, Walther barrels, co2 bulk, etc.

In Hawaii, they have rat issues and some guys have made super 600s with high power, extra large magazines, match barrels, etc. I've been told, nothing else comes close for serious rat busting.

The best part, Crosman made a ton of these so they are not at all rare.

Fun semi/full auto

I have firearms, shotguns and air guns but the biggest smile I get is using a CO2 powered 6mm BB Mauser broom handle! Single shot, blowback action is smooth, but switching to full auto and firing bursts shreds soft drink cans. David