Thread: BSA rear flip up tang sight premium ??

BSA rear flip up tang sight premium ??

what is the differance in value for a pair of Bsa standard rifle's in the same cosmetic condition,one with standard sights and the other with the flip up tang type sight ?.
    Any info would be appreciated .
    Regards
    Les..

Birthday present Les?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I paid about £45 delivered for this, but not sure if that's the type you mean:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht-but-how-old
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Birthday present Les?
    Yeah could be, there is the two as described above,I have the money for one of them or I could have both and a dust up with the Banker. Desision Desisions??.
    I think I need to sell a few before the next influx.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Hi Jon
    The gun is already fitted with the flip up sight, I was just wondering what the price increase would be for it over the standard set up ??.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    what is the differance in value for a pair of Bsa standard rifle's in the same cosmetic condition,one with standard sights and the other with the flip up tang type sight ?.
    Regards
    Les..
    I prefer these Les.

This old girl is my favourite

That's a lovely couple of guns you have there Sir.
    I haven't seen the flip up sighted gun yet so I don't know what I will go with.
    Les..

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Regards
    Les..
    Hi as the flip up sights alone go for around £50-70 on that ++++ sight. l surpose as that would be the differance at least in the price of the 2 rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Hello Les,

The Folding sight described above is a BSA No 8 and was a popular option on the BSA rimfire rifles, but could also be fitted to air rifles with a bit of rework to the stock unless it was of the 'Straight Hand' stock configuration.

The other sights pictured in the Binners reply are a No 12 ( large circular eyepiece) and I believe the other to be the fully adjustable No 21. Both of these were available options on the early BSA air rifles and are in my opinion much better suited to the air rifle application and also look more aesthetically pleasing.

I have often seen No8 sights sold separately for between £60 - £80 pounds, but have never seen the other two sights other than factory fitted options to air rifles. I would personally be prepared to pay quite a bit more than this for a rifle fitted with either the No 12 or No 21 sight.

Happy Christmas
    Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 18-12-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi as the flip up sights alone go for around £50-70 on that ++++ sight. l surpose as that would be the differance at least in the price of the 2 rifles.
    Thanks Micky
    For the info,it gives me something to go by.
    Regards
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello Les,

The Folding sight described above is a BSA No 8 and was a popular option on the BSA rimfire rifles, but could also be fitted to air rifles with a bit of rework to the stock unless it was of the 'Straight Hand' stock configuration.

The other sights pictured in the Binners reply are a No 12 ( large circular eyepiece) and I believe the other to be the fully adjustable No 21. Both of these were available options on the early BSA air rifles and are in my opinion much better suited to the air rifle application and also look more aesthetically pleasing.

I have often seen No8 sights sold separately for between £60 - £80 pounds, but have never seen the other two sights other than factory fitted options to air rifles. I would personally be prepared to pay quite a bit more than this for a rifle fitted with either the No 12 or No 21 sight.

Happy Christmas
    Brian
    Thanks Brian
    I will be better prepared when looking at the gun regarding which sight it may have fitted.
    Have a great xmas Sir, cheers .
    Atb
    Les..