So, I've finally decided to get on the HW99S bandwagon and see what all the fuss is about. I've still not decided on calibre; I usually prefer .177 for general purpose & bunny shooting but I do like a .22 for short range ferals & rats, plus I hear that the 99S is particularly sweet in the 'proper blokes' calibre when fettled...

So, bearing in mind that for a while at least this little rifle will be a 'do all' for me, would the 99S experts recommend it in .177 or .22? I suppose I could always buy one of each at some point, but I'd prefer summat like a 97k in .177 if I'm honest.

On to the next part. Eventually I'd like to pimp it up a bit with a decent tune, possibly a shortened barrel and a nice 'slimtech' style blued silencer. I had one of these on a HW95 and they really suit the HW break-barrels but I can't seem to find one anywhere online. I have seen threads for 'Konceptus' but can't find the website & it seems he may have ceased trading.

Does anyone do these slimline blued steel or alloy silencers now? If so, a link would be much appreciated!