Thread: 5.6mm Pellets

5.6mm Pellets

Having scoured this forum and the net in vain for an answer, I hope someone can enlighten me about buying Marksman 5.6mm Pellets.

How can I identify the 5.6mm when buying remotely? I thought it was the ones in the cardboard box, but after asking a seller on the 'bay, they said their stock was 5.5mm.

I know the ones that John Knibbs sell are 5.6mm, but they are out of stock.

Does anyone else stock them, or are they exclusive to Knibbs?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Slug gun on t'bay sells Defiant vintage pellets in 5.6mm, I've bought some (and a few others to boot) recently. I'm not sure about Marksman though.

I looked into this a while ago when looking for Airsporter ammo and, as far as I am aware, both 5.5mm and 5.6mm state .22 or no.2 bore on boxes. The 5.6mm are apparently made for Knibbs and I haven't seen them anywhere else. The price difference between the two was considerable.
    This was months ago and they were out of stock then.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    marksman are on the large side, but I never knew they did 5.5 or 5.6 versions - I just buy the el cheapo .22s, and they go fine in my wobley service. Defo larger than many "5.5"s
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Slug gun on t'bay sells Defiant vintage pellets in 5.6mm, I've bought some (and a few others to boot) recently. I'm not sure about Marksman though.

I think they have all gone now .

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    5.5 mm pellets with thin skirts work OK in alot of old 5.6 mm barrels. They must blow out and grip the rifling. Try RWS Superdome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    5.5 mm pellets with thin skirts work OK in alot of old 5.6 mm barrels. They must blow out and grip the rifling. Try RWS Superdome.
    Superdomes work in my old Mercury and airsporter . Tried the defiant 5.6 fitted well grouped like a sawn off. H&N sniper lights fit well but group poorly though better than the defiants.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    I think they have all gone now .
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    He’s not advertising them any more so Steve Z may well be right. (Glad I stocked up a few years ago.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Superpoints also have nice thin soft skirts and reportedly work well in 5.6 barrels. I wouldn’t normally recommend a pointed pellet for any purpose, but they are inexpensive and worth trying.

Milbro is now an SMK brand for things made in China but I think pre-SMK Milbro .22”s are on the large side too, even if, like Marksmans, they aren’t exactly JSB quality.

Talking of which, JSB offer a 5.53mm head size. Take quoted head sizes on any pellet with a pinch of salt, but they could be worth a punt too.

I have got adequate to excellent results with RWS Superfields in older 5.6mm springers, but I appear to be in a minority of one on that, judging by forum discussions.