Thread: Theoben Rapid quick fill mod.

Theoben Rapid quick fill mod.

Has/does anyone modify the air cylinder to take a quick fill valve at the plain end? Saw one on line somewhere but can't find it again. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by deejayuu; 18-12-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Not much meat on the flat end of a buddy bottle to allow a decent thread to hold a valve with the pressure behind it.
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

do you mean drilling in to the bottom of the cylinder and fitting a valve. if so then that is for candidate for the Darwin award.

have a look a what happens when they go bang
    Cheers Lloyd

Wondered if there was an aftermarket cylinder designed and built that way. Thanks for the replies.

Its not likely, imagine dropping ot banging your rifle on it, one hell of a bang Id guess. If you realy find it hassle filling a rapid how it was designed you can simply fit an aftermarket quickfill assembly, or get a mk1 and QF through block

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Any modification to a cylinder will void it's manufacturer test cert.
    If it comes with a new pressure test then fine & dandy...but they don't.

I wouldn't touch one with a barge-pole.

£120 on Crapbay !!!!
    There right now, fellow Rapid owner told me about them last week.
    The Rapid did need a better way to fill,but not this

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    £120 on Crapbay !!!!
    in total agreement.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

I dont think it needs a better way, a Rapid is a Rapid. If you want the niceties of QF, you can fit one or buy an Impact or RAW. I dont mind removing the bottle as its part of their character just like my old classic Chevy, the windows need winding up and down and its needs a key to lock it

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    I dont think it needs a better way, a Rapid is a Rapid. If you want the niceties of QF, you can fit one or buy an Impact or RAW. I dont mind removing the bottle as its part of their character just like my old classic Chevy, the windows need winding up and down and its needs a key to lock it

Chris
    Have you seen my signature?
    I own a Mk1 Rapid and an S400, I love them both.
    And as a side note, I also own a show winning classic car that needs its windows winding and a key to lock, just saying !!
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 20-12-2018 at 12:28 AM.

I find there’s not a problem with filling my mk1 Rapid but without a gauge I don’t know how much air is in the bottle, I got caught out some time ago , I dry fired the rapid at home before leaving for my shoot (filled it the night before) when I got there I checked my zero and after about 4 shots the pellets hardly made it out the barrel !
    The bottle had a slow leak and there was no way of knowing ! I had to drive back home to pick up another rifle (with a gauge), started taking two rifles with me from then on until I bought a Compatto which has a gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    £120 on Crapbay !!!!
    I asked him if it had a test cert for the "mod" but got no reply

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I asked him if it had a test cert for the "mod" but got no reply
    Crumbs, I didn't expect that

Only joking, I did

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    there is no problem with removing bottle if every thing is ok and set up right.plus you have advantage of taking spare bottle out with you.can always take bottle of and check pressure and top up before going out.easy to keep eye on shot count to.just count the mags you have used.the small gauges on guns are not that accurate any way.
    kevG

rapid

got titanium tube on my MK1 rapid got a foster fitting on the end no more removing to fill,
    MK1 7/12 14" CZ barrel. , Dustin mod.Kevg reg. Bb valve , titanium tube, bushy legend. MK2 177,Kevg reg.silent pip,MK4 trigger,Bucketboy shroud.ssg spring, Nikon monarch