Thread: What changes has your favorite brand of springers made that you don't like?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

What changes has your favorite brand of springers made that you don't like?

Over the last 10 plus years years. Personally I like the AA changes, don't like HW changes and If I am honest I didn't like the change of factory at Diana but I am still making my mind up about the new set up.

Any opinions on the way things are going?

AA stopped making the Pro/elite and didn't develop a slightly smaller 12ft/lbs model.
    BSA did the same in dropping the Superstar and have not given us a nice man sized b/barrel.
    Les..

Morning Barry,
    This goes back further than a decade and relates to any number of marques that I favour. Its the fact that none of them undertake hand cut checkering to stocks these days. We all know why this has happened: costs.
    But all the same I just cannot replicate the feeling I had when unpacking my HW80 in 1984. It looked and felt hand crafted.
    I simply don't get anywhere near that feeling when handling a newly acquired modern gun these days
    Dave

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    HW got rid of the screw in back block on the HW85 and replaced it on the 95/99 with those stupid "tiles".
    HW increased the 77 comp tube from 25 to 26.
    AA extended the stroke of their UK 12FP optimised TX200 mk1/2 to make it "Export optimised, sub 12 compromised".
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

All of the above.

And:

- BSF: going bust.
    - Birmingham Webley: going bust.
    - Anschutz: stopping making springers.

Oh, and that fish-scale stuff on AAs and the stupid “DO NOT SHOOT SELF IN FACE” warnings on HWs. And the ghastly “WEIHRAUCH” letters pressed into the stocks.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Oh, and that fish-scale stuff on AAs and the stupid “DO NOT SHOOT SELF IN FACE” warnings on HWs. And the ghastly “WEIHRAUCH” letters pressed into the stocks.
    yup !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Webley downgraded the range with the Premier. From there it was a gradual descent to the latest offering
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Falke never went on to develop the Model 80/90, but left the field.

Sad.

The absolute incapacity to be sensible with the Pricing
    Structure.
    Also in diametric opposition to the rate of price increase - the decline in Quality maintenance and control.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    All of the above.

And:

- BSF: going bust.
    - Birmingham Webley: going bust.
    - Anschutz: stopping making springers.

These things make me feel Airguns have gone from serious to silly in order to pander to the I phone Generation

Webley: no modern replacement for the Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Morning Barry,
    This goes back further than a decade and relates to any number of marques that I favour. Its the fact that none of them undertake hand cut checkering to stocks these days. We all know why this has happened: costs.
    But all the same I just cannot replicate the feeling I had when unpacking my HW80 in 1984. It looked and felt hand crafted.
    I simply don't get anywhere near that feeling when handling a newly acquired modern gun these days
    Dave
    My new 2018 model HW35E comes pretty damn close to my 1982 model.