Thread: Anybody tried one of these butt plates?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Crapbay, "Adjustable metal butt plate pad for Air Rifle mk2, Airgun ,HFT sport" selling for just over £100!

These look like they will do the job fine and are not too much money for what they are.
    Has anybody tried one?
    I use these and have replaced the MEC II with one.

As much as the price is good I like the simplicity and the fact they are light aswell.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    I use these and have replaced the MEC II with one.

As much as the price is good I like the simplicity and the fact they are light aswell.

Cheers
    I have not tried one of the older MEC 11 models but I have used the current MEC Contact 111 for several years and found them to be totally solid and reliable with plenty of adjustment on all of the match rifles that use them.

They are high quality and also come as the standard factory fitting on all of the high end Walther PCP match rifles.

I have used them on Walther LG300XT Anatomic, LG300XT Carbontec, LG300XT ProTouch, LG400XT Anthracite Anatomic and found that they helped me fit the rifle the way I wanted it and held the adjustment positively and never needed re-tightening again - unless a change of fit was required when it was easy to make a new adjustment.

No failures have ever been experienced (even when a match rifle was dropped and landed on the top "flipper') and the small "rubber" plug-in grip nipples can be easily sourced and replaced when worn or if accidentally knocked out.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi Rob,

If you would like something a little different - take a look at this:-

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...ndard-377.html

Tec-Hro are another good German manufacturer who make a lot of good match rifle fittings and are also worth considering.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.