Thread: Anybody tried one of these butt plates?

Anybody tried one of these butt plates?

Crapbay, "Adjustable metal butt plate pad for Air Rifle mk2, Airgun ,HFT sport" selling for just over £100!

These look like they will do the job fine and are not too much money for what they are.
    Has anybody tried one?

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Crapbay, "Adjustable metal butt plate pad for Air Rifle mk2, Airgun ,HFT sport" selling for just over £100!

These look like they will do the job fine and are not too much money for what they are.
    Has anybody tried one?
    I have just taken a look at these Rob and they do look interesting.

They will cost about £120 with postage from Lithuania.

I recently bought a new MEC Contact 111 from Intershoot for £152. https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...ct-III-72.html

If the butt plate is for target shooting I would prefer to pay the extra and buy what I consider to be one of the best match rifle butt plates that you can buy at a reasonable price.

I have also seen quite a few used ones come up for sale on the BBS over the years - but sadly they have sold so quickly that I missed them!

My blue FWB P70 could do with a new butt plate and I am hoping to find a good used Contact 111 (or similar) for sale to fit it.

I have seen some for sale that have been taken off of other rifles that were blue coloured but all of the new Contact 111 that I have seen have been sliver.
    Last edited by zooma; 21-12-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

BINGO, I knew it was worth asking first
    Your recommendation has adjustable arms around the shoulder as well
    I've been looking at making up a small order with intershoot anyway, my shopping cart may have just got bigger.
    Thanks Bob

https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/products/...843s-buttplate

What about this, it has a side to side rock as well that's not shown in the add.
    I believe Gehmann is a good make

Has anybody tried one?
    I use these and have replaced the MEC II with one.

As much as the price is good I like the simplicity and the fact they are light aswell.

Cheers

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/products/...843s-buttplate

What about this, it has a side to side rock as well that's not shown in the add.
    I believe Gehmann is a good make
    The Gehmann is perfectly OK, I have one on a full bore TR rifle, you don't need anything complex on an air rifle.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    I use these and have replaced the MEC II with one.

As much as the price is good I like the simplicity and the fact they are light aswell.

Cheers
    I have not tried one of the older MEC 11 models but I have used the current MEC Contact 111 for several years and found them to be totally solid and reliable with plenty of adjustment on all of the match rifles that use them.

They are high quality and also come as the standard factory fitting on all of the high end Walther PCP match rifles.

I have used them on Walther LG300XT Anatomic, LG300XT Carbontec, LG300XT ProTouch, LG400XT Anthracite Anatomic and found that they helped me fit the rifle the way I wanted it and held the adjustment positively and never needed re-tightening again - unless a change of fit was required when it was easy to make a new adjustment.

No failures have ever been experienced (even when a match rifle was dropped and landed on the top "flipper') and the small "rubber" plug-in grip nipples can be easily sourced and replaced when worn or if accidentally knocked out.

Hi Rob,

If you would like something a little different - take a look at this:-

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...ndard-377.html

Tec-Hro are another good German manufacturer who make a lot of good match rifle fittings and are also worth considering.

Has anybody tried one?
    Funnily enough saw one on a rifle yesterday and I'll be ordering one in the new year.

I originally thought of putting a hook on the newly coming LGM-1, but am now thinking it will devalue it !!
    Problem is, I'm sure it will help the shooting !
    Don't know what to do

EDIT.

Now thinking about it, I think I'll just make a hook that fits on the spare dovetail that's exposed on the butt pad.
    Job done
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 24-12-2018 at 06:09 PM.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Buttplates and hooks

Hook butt plates are not allowed at all on a match air rifle, and the curvature and fit rules for air rifle are such that you will not get any real advantage using a modern butt plate such as a MEC 111 or a Gehmann, over the standard plate fitted to your LGM 1.

If you want to improve, work on your position and balance. Look on page 28 & 77 of my book.

Best of luck and have Fun.

Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?