Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stingray experts

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    A fair hypothesis. Would like to know the date on that DAI advert. If, as suggested above, 2006, then it is around the time of the Great Webley Collapse. Feels like someone trying to shift stock quickly to cut their losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Got a copy of the advert in October 2006 Airgun World. Kit was £250. I think it was a marketing job by DAI as i never have seen this rifle advertised elsewhere and they were on the doorstep of webley so may have had a batch to shift? Mach 1.5
    I think these posts align. .

Still, it’s a minor rare Webley and one of the very last proper ones before the Turks took over.

Got a copy of the advert in October 2006 Airgun World. Kit was £250. I think it was a marketing job by DAI as i never have seen this rifle advertised elsewhere and they were on the doorstep of webley so may have had a batch to shift? Mach 1.5
    Keeping looking but with open eyes, Airgun World and Air gunner from 2005- 2007.
    Drapers and Ramsbottom also advertised the Xk!

Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post
    Stingray Express LE

To my knowledge there are the following models-

Stingray Standard beech stock.
    Stingray Carbine beech stock.
    Stingray Deluxe Carbine or Standard barrel length with a walnut stock, muzzle weight,threaded barrel and no open sights (2001 200th edition catalogue)

Stingray Express Carbine limited edition of 200 (2004?), walnut stock, Lother Walther choked barrel,Venom slim tech silencer, no sights and certificate.

Stingray XK limited edition carbine (circa.2006) beech stock (no idea if a walnut stock was available?), open sights,sling swivels and silencer.
    Dont think there were Stingrays with LW barrels. Its all Webley. I asked Steve POpe these days When I had an Express. Iirc, he said the Express had the Stingray Deluxe barrelbreech unit.
    Only Lb and later (shortbarreled) Tommies had LW barrels
    ATB,
    yana

Webley Stingray

So Ramsbottom was doing them for £179 without a scope. Hmm seems nothing special about adding sling swivels, gold trigger blade and a silencer. Mach 1.5

Nothing much at all special about it really, like most air gun specials!

Webley did quite a few, possibly more than most!
    I've just found an advert from J.S.Ramsbottom from late 2004 advertising them at the same price but I don't think it came with a hard case.

A standard or carbine Stingray was £163.95(?) at the time.

Stringtown Supplies 2005
    http://imgbox.com/m7t20N5L

There's a Drapers advert in Airgun World May 2006 listing it at £229.95.
    Last edited by norris; 31-12-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Dont think there were Stingrays with LW barrels. Its all Webley. I asked Steve POpe these days When I had an Express. Iirc, he said the Express had the Stingray Deluxe barrelbreech unit.
    Only Lb and later (shortbarreled) Tommies had LW barrels
    It may not have a LW barrel fitted so has anybody got any actual creditable evidence either way?

There were only 200 (.22 only??) Stingray Express air rifles made in 2002.

Stingray.

I have a webley venom stingray express in .20 cal. I was informed only 5 were done but I cannot confirm that. Mach 1.5

Having done a few searches on this over the holiday break, I have found one good long thread on here (featuring our own Mr Mach1.5), one on the other place, and one magazine review. None mentions an LW barrel.

I’m pretty sure that if the Express had had an LW barrel, Webley would have made a fuss about it. The absence of evidence to that effect suggests that it didn’t.

Stingray..

The longbow was fitted with LW barrels and later Tommies had the same fitted. My .20 cal stingray has one fitted due to the fact that webley didn't do .20 but a .25 cal one for export....Oh yes please with a Simmons little WTC fitted. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Having done a few searches on this over the holiday break, I have found one good long thread on here (featuring our own Mr Mach1.5), one on the other place, and one magazine review. None mentions an LW barrel.

I’m pretty sure that if the Express had had an LW barrel, Webley would have made a fuss about it. The absence of evidence to that effect suggests that it didn’t.
    There does seem to be a lack of evidence.

Do you have an official Webley press release / advert or leaflet of the Stingray Express?

I have a webley venom stingray express in .20 cal. I was informed only 5 were done but I cannot confirm that. Mach 1.5
    That seems a bit strange on a limited special edition .22 only air rifle.

Is that five out of the two hundred or an additional five?

Is the box mark as .20?

Iirc Webley barrels are not choked as such, LW barrels are.
    They probably dont share the same twistrate either.
    So that may be something to check.
    ATB,
    yana

Stingray.

My Express didn't have a box. Brought 2nd hand years ago. Full spec, lazaglide tune, .20 cal LW barrel, Walnut factory Stock, Twin Cobra sticker and DEEP blueing. Mach 1.5