Thread: .177 HW30S and HW99S for MPL shooting.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

I had many issues with the standard stock - the length of pull was made for a gorilla, the finger reach was ridiculous even with an extra-setback trigger.

In addition, the hand was in a very bent position when in place on the stock, and the finger placement on the trigger was terrible.

The 99S' stock was modified from the standard Minelli stock, using lolly sticks () and metal loaded epoxy car body filler, and much, much sanding.

The point was to get the hand in the correct, un-bent position on the rifle, with the trigger finger parallel to the barrel, and in the correct position for the finger pad to be at right angles to the trigger shoe.

Looks a bit Franken-stock, but it does work very well indeed Some cruel chappies have dubbed it the 'Elephant Man'

The easiest way to re-finish the stock after all the faffing & sanding was to paint it.

The stock was painted with three coats of grey car-primer, followed by four coats of Ford Electric Orange pearlescent paint

It is a bit 'sudden', but I think it doesn't look too bad at all

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    I think the special Rally Sport colour makes it an "RS" special edition HW99S

Maybe you could ask Cosworth to tune it for you too!
    Last edited by zooma; 23-12-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.