Thread: MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Its probably about time I got my MPL entry sorted-out and started shooting some targets!

Seems like I am not alone in being a "slow starter" this season - so let's get this competition going and see if any of us can improve on what we scored in the last competition.

It also gives us the chance to shoot a different airgun than we used last season perhaps?

I have already started rummaging around to see what needs some exercise - and of course there is also those "new additions" that we may have picked-up or refurbished since last season too!

My old Centre under-lever pistol could do with a bit of attention - and I also have an old grey plastic grip type of Model 6 that is being rebuilt and should be ready for use again shortly......and that old Model 5 could be coaxed back into action again too.....decisions, decisions........!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Paid my subs yesterday, so will be shooting rifle again,

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Well done Rob - good to have you shooting with us again!

Have you thought any more about taking part in the air pistol competition?

Bob.

Not anywhere as good with a pistol as i was, 2 handed i'm still not bad, but a left master shoulder injury has taken its toll on single handed shooting i'm afraid, good news is Mrs RTD wants to have a try, if she likes it i will pay her subs as well.

Don't want to encourage her leaving the kitchen to often though.....

Not anywhere as good with a pistol as i was, 2 handed i'm still not bad, but a left master shoulder injury has taken its toll on single handed shooting i'm afraid, good news is Mrs RTD wants to have a try, if she likes it i will pay her subs as well.

Don't want to encourage her leaving the kitchen to often though.....
    My pistol shooting is pretty hopeless these days too (similar reasons with damaged neck/shoulder/back etc) but I may still have a go this season - just to get some use our of my old pistols.

If you put the pellet trap in the kitchen you could get Mrs RTD to shoot her targets in there !
    Last edited by zooma; 14-01-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Targets arrived yesterday, sadly though, i have damaged my left front deltoid, so can't hold a rifle at the moment, so no shooting for me !

Targets arrived yesterday, sadly though, i have damaged my left front deltoid, so can't hold a rifle at the moment, so no shooting for me !
    Sorry to hear that Rob - let's hope you recover from your injury as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bob.

Hi Rob,

Hows the recovery coming along?

Hoe you will be fit enough to start shooting again soon!

Bob.

Hi,

Not good i'm afraid, i was hoping that after a month i would be at least 50% better but sadly not, shooting hurts, holding the rifle hurts, tried to work, but that cripples me with pain,

The joys of working for yourself !

Picked up a used 177 99 while iv'e been off, which i'd hoped to mod the same as my other one ie Williams sight etc, so i could shoot it at 10m, with the first one being zero'd in it 6yds. Iv'e reduced the spring & its running at 8ftlb at the moment, i just need to shoot it in to see where it settles at, but can't manage more that 5 shots.
    Rob

Hi,

Not good i'm afraid, i was hoping that after a month i would be at least 50% better but sadly not, shooting hurts, holding the rifle hurts, tried to work, but that cripples me with pain,

The joys of working for yourself !

Picked up a used 177 99 while iv'e been off, which i'd hoped to mod the same as my other one ie Williams sight etc, so i could shoot it at 10m, with the first one being zero'd in it 6yds. Iv'e reduced the spring & its running at 8ftlb at the moment, i just need to shoot it in to see where it settles at, but can't manage more that 5 shots.
    Rob
    Sorry you are not back in action yet Rob but hope you start to feel better again soon.

Good to see you are keeping yourself amused in the meantime - I am sure your second HW99 mod will work out OK ready for you to shoot at 10 meters.

We have some more recent interest from BBS members who would like to enter the MPL postal competition for the first time and have asked to see some more details about the competition and how to enter, so I am elevating this thread to help explain everything as it also shows how to enter.

tcas146 - welcome to the MPL pistol competition Paul

Any excuse to shoot classic airguns is a good idea, and the MPL competition is probably one of the better ones.

Like you, I have have recently had a Model 6 re-sealed with new springs fitted, so I will also be shooting a Model 6 in this competition but mine is one of the previous types with the moulded plastic grip - an early grey coloured example that came with the early type rear sights too!

Good luck with your Model 6M !