Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

This is just to let everyone know that we will be running another Muscle Power competition starting 1st January 2019.

I will be adding the MPL competition information here over the next few days.

.177 6 YARD MPL POSTAL COMPETITION RULES

There will be no changes to the rules or the entry fees and we will continue to run competitions for .177 MPL air pistol and .177 MPL air rifle .

Note:- This competition is called The Muscle Power league.

An MPL air pistol or MPL rifle is described as one that needs "muscle power" to generate the energy.

A spring powered air rifle or air pistol needs "muscle power" to cock the spring and an SSP air pistol or air rifle needs "muscle power" to compress the air into the cylinder and so both can be described as MPL legal for use in this competition.

The Supported Air Pistol and Supported Air Rifle competition (both to be shot from a hard 50mm max dia bar) will also continue this year and is an "open competition" for any legal .177 spring powered, SSP. CO2 or PCP air pistols and air rifles.

Note:- This is the only class in this "MPL Postal Competition" that can also be entered with non MPL legal air pistols and rifles. MPL legal air pistols and air rifles can also enter in this competition.

LATE ENTRIES - will always be accepted - AT ANY TIME.

SHOOTING.

1. Six targets need to be shot each month with 5 shots on each = total possible score of 300 ex 300.

2. All pistol targets are to be shot single handed (unsupported) at 6 yards by the shooter himself or herself.

2a. Supported Air Pistol Shooting entries are to be shot from the standing position but ONLY the base of the pistol grip may touch the hard 50mm ( max dia) bar.

3. All air rifle targets have to be shot from the free standing position at 6 yards with no supports.

3a. Supported Air Rifles Shooting entries are to be shot from the standing position. Only the fore stock can be supported on the 50mm (max dia) hard bar

NOTE. Those taking part in either of the two Supported classes should refer to the EFRA rules ( copy shown on the BBS) :- http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....stol-and-rifle as we base our competition on these rules - except that we shoot at the traditional British 6 yard distance for this MPL competition.

3. The targets can be shot at any time during the month, but it is the shooters responsibility to ensure the scores are emailed to the scorer:- bat540308@btopenworld.com before the end of each competition month - or as soon as possible if you are running late or enter the competition late.

Submit your score in the format as shown below:-

JANUARY 2019.
    A Smyth (smiffee). Original Model 66. Hobby 4.50 pellets. 38 + 34 + 37 + 41 + 44 + 39 = 233.

Please send your scores by the end of each month to Russ (PhatMan) bat540308@btopenworld.com

4/.You should keep your cards safe for 2 months after they are shot as some may be requested for random checking. Any requested cards should be posted to us, and if they are not available they will be given a zero score.

5/. Anyone who scores a perfect 50 ex 50 and would like to show it off should take a picture of the card and send it to bat540308@btopenworld.com so we can see how it should be done!

6/. To avoid any time wasting, any challenges for a disputed score must be accompanied with a cash payment for £10. This will be refunded in full in the event of a successful challenge, but donated to RMTC funds if unsuccessful.

OVERSEAS ENTRIES ARE WELCOME. The entry fee will be the same but the postal cost to deliver the entry pack will be charged at the appropriate rate - PM zooma or PhatMan for more details.

The competition is open to anyone who can shoot the cards to the appropriate MPL rules as described here. The scores should be emailed to the address provided at the end of each month bat540308@btopenworld.com

TARGETS.

1. The pistol competitions will be shot on 6 yard Air 8 targets, the rifle competitions will be shot on 6 yard Air 7 targets.

2. All the targets required to complete each 6 month series will be provided in the entry pack.

3. Spare Air 8 and Air 7 targets will be made available to purchase from us if required for practice. Bulk target supplies are available from the NSRA.

4.Competition targets no longer need to have any stickers fixed to them prior to shooting. This competition is based entirely on trust and so there is really no point in asking for them to be stuck onto the target before shooting. Please sign your cards in the middle (across the reverse side) of your targets before shooting so you recognise them as your competition targets and not one of your practice targets.

Permitted AIR PISTOLS, AIR RIFLES and PELLETS.

1. PISTOLS. Any single shot .177 spring powered or SSP air pistol that complies with the main MPL rules will be eligible for this competition - if in doubt, please check the main MPL rules. Original manufacturers open sights only - no other type of sight is permitted.

1a. SUPPORTED AIR PISTOL. Any type of single shot .177 air pistol ( including CO2 and PCP) can be used to shoot in the Supported Air Pistol competition.
    Original manufacturers open sights only - no other type of sight is permitted.

1b. RIFLES. Any single shot .177 spring powered or Single Stroke Pneumatic air rifle with "open sights" or dioptre sights can be used in this air rifle competition. Telescopic sights or any other form of optical aids are banned.

1c. GASSER RIFLES. There will be no 6 yard competition for CO2 or PCP air rifles with us this season.

1d. GASSER PISTOLS. There will be no 6 yard competition for CO2 or PCP air pistols with us this season EXCEPT in the Supported Air Pistol Class where any .177 single shot air pistol can be used.

2. Only semi-wadcutter (flat nosed) pellets should be used to give clear cut holes in the Air 8 and Air 7 targets. Round nose pellets will not give a clean enough cut to permit clear scoring, and cards that cannot be scored clearly should be given a zero score.

3. BB's and any pellet other than .177 calibre are specifically banned from this competition.
    Last edited by zooma; 24-12-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

HOW TO ENTER.

You can enter any of the 2019 Spring/Summer MPL categories:-

6 yard MPL Air Rifle (Spring & SSP only)

6 yard MPL Air Pistol (Spring & SSP only)

6 yard Supported Air Rifle (Any power-plant)

6 yard Supported Air Pistol (Any power-plant).

Details of Supported Shooting can be found here :- https://www.issf-sports.org/getfile....ition_2017.pdf http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....stol-and-rifle

PAYMENT DETAILS.

The cost to enter the competition in each category is ten pounds (£10.00).

Please send your entry payment (plus postage if you are unable to collect your targets) using any of the methods described below:-

1) PayPal : Please use this address:- target@rossmod.co.uk. PayPal payments made to "friends and family" ' do not attract any charges but please add the cost of any charges if you prefer to make a standard Paypal payment.

2) Bank Transfer : please use sort code 40-38-03. acct no:- 51178296 acct name:- Rossendale Model Car Club.

3) Good old fashioned cash : if you can call in person or send it safely to us (please ask for postal address from Bob (Zooma)if you prefer this option).

YOUR ENTRY DETAILS.

Please also send your entry details (with your name and address) to Russ (PhatMan) here on the BBS, either by PM, or by sending an email to bat540308@btopenworld.com. Your details are needed so your entry packs can be delivered to the correct address and to make sure you are entered into the correct event and sent the right type of targets.

Note:- The Air 8 targets and Air 7 targets that we use can also be bought in bulk at a good price direct from the NSRA in packs of 3000 (this could be handy for those that intend to practice a lot )

Entry packs (36 of the appropriate targets) can also be collected from us in Rossendale to save any additional postage and delivery charges if you are able (or know anyone) that is able to collect them from us.

POST and PACK CHARGES.

Please add any postage charges to your entry fee so that we can send your targets to you. Russ will be able to advise the current postal costs, but as a guide add £4 per entry to cover the packaging and postage.

Good shooting, and the best of luck
    Last edited by zooma; 23-12-2018 at 02:07 PM.

The MPL entry list will be shown here so you can see when we have received your entry and allow you to check that we have entered you in the correct class:

6 YARD MPL AIR PISTOL.

KennyB.
    Paul SE.
    PhatMan.
    zooma.
    tcas146.

6 YARD MPL AIR RIFLE.

KennyB.
    bart49.
    PhatMan.
    zooma.
    Drew451
    robthedog
    SteveZodiac.

6 YARD SUPPORTED AIR RIFLE.

SoftTop
    zooma.
    bart49

6 YARD SUPPORTED AIR PISTOL.
    Last edited by zooma; 13-03-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks i will enter in the new year, thinking about entering the pistol this time as well.

Merry Christmas & a happy new year to all

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Thanks i will enter in the new year, thinking about entering the pistol this time as well.

Merry Christmas & a happy new year to all

Thanks for your support Rob - it will be good to have you shooting with us in the MPL again next year!

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year !

Why not have a PCP round, so the MPL is more inclusive to those that have this type of weapon?
    After all, PCP's form 99% of what's in the shops to buy these days.
    The MPL seems like a good solid BBS accessible comp and the inclusion of PCP rounds may attract more shooters (money)?
    I know it's all about muscle power, but surely a PCP section wouldn't hurt?
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 24-12-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Why not have a PCP round, so the MPL is more inclusive to those that have this type of weapon?
    After all, PCP's form 99% of what's in the shops to buy these days.
    The MPL seems like a good solid BBS accessible comp and the inclusion of PCP rounds may attract more shooters (money)?
    The supported rifle allows the use of PCP's.

The unsupported rifle and pistol does not, and I'm guessing that is where most people would want to shoot?

What are you going to call it then as it can't be the mpl anymore ?, why not just start one to run along side it instead of adding on, then we will need one for 22 shooters as they are currently excluded, then scope users....

MPL keeps it simple lets leave it that way

Rob

We did try a season where we had a PCP class and believe it or not - it was not that popular and was not worth the extra time and effort that we put in to promote it and cater for it.

The main reason was that 10 meters is seen as the distance to shoot PCP pistols and rifles whereas the old classic British distance was 6 yards and suited spring powered and SSP pistols and rifles where the “classics" could shoot alongside their more recent counterparts.

We dropped the PCP class the following season - and nobody missed it - so we never offered a PCP class in the MPL again as it did not work.

Including PCP in the supported classes made sense as they shot the same as any other recoiless air pistol or rifle, but I hope that the + 3 point bonus per target will also encourage the classics and kickers to get involved in this class too.

Merry Christmas to all MPL shooters and future MPL pistol shooters !
    Last edited by zooma; 27-12-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Good Morning folks,

I would like to take part in the 6yard MPL Air Pistol competition using my HW75.

I have sent a payment by Bank Transfer and have PM'ed Russ my details

Many thanks and wishing you all a successful shooting 2019
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Good Morning folks,

I would like to take part in the 6yard MPL Air Pistol competition using my HW75.

I have sent a payment by Bank Transfer and have PM'ed Russ my details

Many thanks and wishing you all a successful shooting 2019

Happy New Year Paul - and welcome to the MPL.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Happy New Year Paul - and welcome to the MPL.
    Happy New Year to you too and I'm looking forward to taking part in the competition

After shooting 10M air pistol for the last few years with my Steyr LP10, it will be interesting to see how things go getting back to 6 yards using a SSP like we did in the old days
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Paul,

Welcome to the MPL

For a real, and very enjoyable challenge, try shooting a recoiling springer pistol (e.g. Diana/Original Model 5) in the MPL

I will be using both my 1948 Original Model 5 and my Diana 5G in the Spring/Summer 2019 pistol rounds.

For the rifle rounds, I will be using my Weihrauch HW95 SuperMatch & HW30S, with the odd use of my TX200.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Paul,

Welcome to the MPL

For a real, and very enjoyable challenge, try shooting a recoiling springer pistol (e.g. Diana/Original Model 5) in the MPL

I will be using both my 1948 Original Model 5 and my Diana 5G in the Spring/Summer 2019 pistol rounds.

For the rifle rounds, I will be using my Weihrauch HW95 SuperMatch & HW30S, with the odd use of my TX200.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    It comes as quite a shock to the system to start shooting with a spring powered air pistol after enjoying the silky smooth action of a match pistol - but guess what?....after a surprisingly short time you will be amazed at just how close you can get to your PCP scores with a basic kicker!

When we ran competitions for PCM pistols in the MPL both George and myself could not believe that we both out-scored ourselves with our SSP pistols against our regular PCP match pistols!!

I had a similar experience with an under-lever Centre air pistol too !

We get used to having everything so easy with our PCP match airguns, but we can also adapt to working with more basic airguns surprisingly quickly!