Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
I went down the club last night for some 10M air pistol practice, and although it was cold, we didn't have any snow or ice anywhere.

I'm glad to read that you have got plenty of keen and participating members at your club Bob, as by comparison I'm the only one out of 62 members that shoots airguns competitively and the only person that bothered to turn up to shoot last night

Most of our folk shoot .22LR target rifle, LWSR and benchrest, although a few of us do also have some decent plinking and pellet testing sessions on our 50M outdoor range. It's a shame these chaps don't want to have a go at 6 yard or 10M target shooting.

I remember when I first started shooting airguns, I had to wait for a few weeks to join the club, and then there was always a queue to get on the range to shoot 2 NARPA cards

Anyhow, Good Luck everyone for the 2019 competition, and I'm looking out for a Walther or maybe a Feinwerkbau SSP rifle to shoot in the MPL...…
We have a very small club Paul with nothing like as many members as yours and thats the way we like it - but we all shoot air weapons, so from that point of view I guess we have more of us shooting at 6 yards and 10 meters at our club than you do at yours

Ah - NARPA brings back good memories for me. I shot with NARPA for many years and really wish they were still going.

I enjoyed shooting at their annual finals competition in Wolverhampton at RAF Cosford a few times and also enjoyed shooting "shoulder to shoulder" against the Taunton and Plymouth Clubs not long after I started the Exmouth Air Rifle and Pistol Club - same time period!

We also shot 6 yards and 10 meters in the NSRA too and shot in their finals when they used to be held in the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff . The early '70s was the heyday for target shooting in the UK and I was pleased to have been part of it.

I have a nice Walther SSP that may interest you - but the FWB SSP rifles can generally be found for less cash than the Walthers - its just what you prefer.

If you ever venture 'up north ( don't be afraid - most of the rumours about what happens above the Watford Gap are generally unfounded) let me know as you would be welcome to come and shoot at our club with us.