Thread: MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We did try a season where we had a PCP class and believe it or not - it was not that popular and was not worth the extra time and effort that we put in to promote it and cater for it.

The main reason was that 10 meters is seen as the distance to shoot PCP pistols and rifles whereas the old classic British distance was 6 yards and suited spring powered and SSP pistols and rifles where the “classics" could shoot alongside their more recent counterparts.

We dropped the PCP class the following season - and nobody missed it - so we never offered a PCP class in the MPL again as it did not work.

Including PCP in the supported classes made sense as they shot the same as any other recoiless air pistol or rifle, but I hope that the + 3 point bonus per target will also encourage the classics and kickers to get involved in this class too.

Merry Christmas to all MPL shooters and future MPL pistol shooters !
    Last edited by zooma; 27-12-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Good Morning folks,

I would like to take part in the 6yard MPL Air Pistol competition using my HW75.

I have sent a payment by Bank Transfer and have PM'ed Russ my details

Many thanks and wishing you all a successful shooting 2019
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Good Morning folks,

I would like to take part in the 6yard MPL Air Pistol competition using my HW75.

I have sent a payment by Bank Transfer and have PM'ed Russ my details

Many thanks and wishing you all a successful shooting 2019

Happy New Year Paul - and welcome to the MPL.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Happy New Year Paul - and welcome to the MPL.
    Happy New Year to you too and I'm looking forward to taking part in the competition

After shooting 10M air pistol for the last few years with my Steyr LP10, it will be interesting to see how things go getting back to 6 yards using a SSP like we did in the old days
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Paul,

Welcome to the MPL

For a real, and very enjoyable challenge, try shooting a recoiling springer pistol (e.g. Diana/Original Model 5) in the MPL

I will be using both my 1948 Original Model 5 and my Diana 5G in the Spring/Summer 2019 pistol rounds.

For the rifle rounds, I will be using my Weihrauch HW95 SuperMatch & HW30S, with the odd use of my TX200.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Paul,

Welcome to the MPL

For a real, and very enjoyable challenge, try shooting a recoiling springer pistol (e.g. Diana/Original Model 5) in the MPL

I will be using both my 1948 Original Model 5 and my Diana 5G in the Spring/Summer 2019 pistol rounds.

For the rifle rounds, I will be using my Weihrauch HW95 SuperMatch & HW30S, with the odd use of my TX200.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    It comes as quite a shock to the system to start shooting with a spring powered air pistol after enjoying the silky smooth action of a match pistol - but guess what?....after a surprisingly short time you will be amazed at just how close you can get to your PCP scores with a basic kicker!

When we ran competitions for PCM pistols in the MPL both George and myself could not believe that we both out-scored ourselves with our SSP pistols against our regular PCP match pistols!!

I had a similar experience with an under-lever Centre air pistol too !

We get used to having everything so easy with our PCP match airguns, but we can also adapt to working with more basic airguns surprisingly quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Paul,

Welcome to the MPL

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    I did have a quick practice down the club last night both with my HW75 and HW45.

On 'low-power' mode the HW45 shot some decent groups and weren't much smaller than the groups I shot with the HW75

I tend to use the HW45 on 'full power' for plinking using a 'two-handed' grip at 10M and when I used the 'one handed target stance' last night, the groups moved over to the right by about 2" or so - not surprising really

I'll keep an eye out for a 'target' style recoiling pistol to use in the MPL, but I think, for my introduction for this series I'll start softly with my HW75
    ATB, Paul

Paul,

The HW45 in 'full-power' mode is certainly challenging and fun to shoot

I have an HW45 Silver Star (0.177") - I might try some cards with it.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ