Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
Bob,

I haven't heard any grizzling WRT HW99S' fitted with Custom Stocks CS 'target' stocks - e.g. CS700 & CS800.

I don't know if the trigger reach issue is better with these ?

The lolly sticks etc. were a much less expensive option

I will be giving my HW30S' stock the lolly stick treatment soon ( Igor, it lives, bwa-ha-ha-ha.. )

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
I think I prefer to start collecting lolly sticks rather than buy a new Custom Stock to fit my HW99S (bit expensive for a pensioner don't you know! ) but if I ever see a good used example at an affordable price it could be of some interest !

My HW30S is still my favourite MPL "shooter" but it is just too small for me. Fitting the '30 mechanism into a larger stock would be a perfect fix but would involve some work unless of course CS made one that would bring the rifle up to size! Not much chance of finding one of these on the second-hand market though!

Building-up the grip is a good idea, but I would also want to lengthen the stock as well so I will give it a "good coat of looking at" (again) and see if I can find a suitable lump of wood to add to the rear of the stock to make it a bit longer.

If I can find a used HW30 stock at a good (read low) price I would be happy to start a project to make it longer, add a higher cheekpiece and a target stye of pistol grip to see what I can do with it. If it works it could make the perfect MPL rifle ( for me at least!) - but meanwhile I will work with the '99S as it is naturally a bit larger and if I can make it shoot as sweetly as my '30 I would be very pleased with it - and it does have good potential !