Thread: MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    One issue with the 99 is the length of reach to the trigger, mine has had a trigger job, but would benefit from a set back trigger, i don't have small hands, so not sure how those with smaller hands will cope.

As regards the 99 in general i like them & currently have 2, in both flavours, but would like another one in 177 to keep as full power.

I think most sporting air rifles have this problem with trigger reach Rob (to a greater or lesser degree) due to the steeply raked grip which on a target rifle is much more "upright" to give more of a "pistol grip" - which in turn moves the hand closer to the trigger.

Russ modified his "RS TURBO" HW99S" because of this very same problem, and if you take a look at his orange stock (suggest wearing sunglasses!) you can see that he has built-up this area (using lolly sticks and filler) to look more like a match rifle grip. This brings his hand closer to the trigger blade and solves the "reach" problem for him.

Russ's magnificent HW99S shooting machine can be seen on this thread:- http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....r-MPL-shooting

My Bisley butt plate is "on its way" to me and I will fit it as soon as it arrives and then take a look at the trigger reach to see if I can do anything to improve it without lolly sticks or lumo orange paint! ( I think Russ may have a copyright on this unique application!).

I really like the "feel" of my HW30S and the way it shoots, so if I can replicate this with my HW99S I will be really pleased as the longer stock will be a lot more comfortable for me to hold.

A "set-back" trigger sounds like a good idea. Please let me know what type you are fitting and if it makes a significant difference.

Looking forward to shooting with you in the MPL.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 04-01-2019 at 04:24 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.