Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

Local gunshop, thinks outside the box, so to speak & opens at 0730 on Saturdays to cater for those who need supplies prior to a days shooting, so i was in there first thing this morning, to find they sold the last adjustable butt pad yesterday !

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Local gunshop, thinks outside the box, so to speak & opens at 0730 on Saturdays to cater for those who need supplies prior to a days shooting, so i was in there first thing this morning, to find they sold the last adjustable butt pad yesterday !
    Don't worry Rob,

Use the link I sent to you and you can get one for £18.95 (including postage) and the others that I ordered previously arrived within a few days so you won't have to wait too long for it to arrive.

Enjoy your weekend,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

I haven't heard any grizzling WRT HW99S' fitted with Custom Stocks CS 'target' stocks - e.g. CS700 & CS800.

I don't know if the trigger reach issue is better with these ?

The lolly sticks etc. were a much less expensive option

I will be giving my HW30S' stock the lolly stick treatment soon ( Igor, it lives, bwa-ha-ha-ha.. )

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    I think I prefer to start collecting lolly sticks rather than buy a new Custom Stock to fit my HW99S (bit expensive for a pensioner don't you know! ) but if I ever see a good used example at an affordable price it could be of some interest !

My HW30S is still my favourite MPL "shooter" but it is just too small for me. Fitting the '30 mechanism into a larger stock would be a perfect fix but would involve some work unless of course CS made one that would bring the rifle up to size! Not much chance of finding one of these on the second-hand market though!

Building-up the grip is a good idea, but I would also want to lengthen the stock as well so I will give it a "good coat of looking at" (again) and see if I can find a suitable lump of wood to add to the rear of the stock to make it a bit longer.

If I can find a used HW30 stock at a good (read low) price I would be happy to start a project to make it longer, add a higher cheekpiece and a target stye of pistol grip to see what I can do with it. If it works it could make the perfect MPL rifle ( for me at least!) - but meanwhile I will work with the '99S as it is naturally a bit larger and if I can make it shoot as sweetly as my '30 I would be very pleased with it - and it does have good potential !

Its probably about time I got my MPL entry sorted-out and started shooting some targets!

Seems like I am not alone in being a "slow starter" this season - so let's get this competition going and see if any of us can improve on what we scored in the last competition.

It also gives us the chance to shoot a different airgun than we used last season perhaps?

I have already started rummaging around to see what needs some exercise - and of course there is also those "new additions" that we may have picked-up or refurbished since last season too!

My old Centre under-lever pistol could do with a bit of attention - and I also have an old grey plastic grip type of Model 6 that is being rebuilt and should be ready for use again shortly......and that old Model 5 could be coaxed back into action again too.....decisions, decisions........!

Paid my subs yesterday, so will be shooting rifle again,

Paid my subs yesterday, so will be shooting rifle again,
    Well done Rob - good to have you shooting with us again!

Have you thought any more about taking part in the air pistol competition?

Bob.

Not anywhere as good with a pistol as i was, 2 handed i'm still not bad, but a left master shoulder injury has taken its toll on single handed shooting i'm afraid, good news is Mrs RTD wants to have a try, if she likes it i will pay her subs as well.

Don't want to encourage her leaving the kitchen to often though.....

Not anywhere as good with a pistol as i was, 2 handed i'm still not bad, but a left master shoulder injury has taken its toll on single handed shooting i'm afraid, good news is Mrs RTD wants to have a try, if she likes it i will pay her subs as well.

Don't want to encourage her leaving the kitchen to often though.....
    My pistol shooting is pretty hopeless these days too (similar reasons with damaged neck/shoulder/back etc) but I may still have a go this season - just to get some use our of my old pistols.

If you put the pellet trap in the kitchen you could get Mrs RTD to shoot her targets in there !
    Last edited by zooma; 14-01-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Targets arrived yesterday, sadly though, i have damaged my left front deltoid, so can't hold a rifle at the moment, so no shooting for me !

Targets arrived yesterday, sadly though, i have damaged my left front deltoid, so can't hold a rifle at the moment, so no shooting for me !
    Sorry to hear that Rob - let's hope you recover from your injury as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bob.

Many thanks, yep self employed so no work no money

Many thanks, yep self employed so no work no money
    I know what that feels like so you have my sympathy.

Take it steady.

Bob.

Autumn/Winter 2018 MPL competition is now CLOSED.

The previous MPL competition that ran from June - December 2018 is now closed.

The closing date for late entries for this competition had been announced as January 31st (as previously posted on the relevant thread) and some really good efforts have been made by some (who were running late) to make sure they achieved this deadline - despite the snow and freezing conditions.

We have had some heavy snow here in the Rossendale Valley and some really low temperatures that have made the (mostly un-gritted) roads treacherous, but despite that three of our club members made the drive to the club last night so they could complete their MPL Supported Air Rifle compettion targets on time (but only just!).

It was -4 degrees last night when I left to go to the club in my MINI and it was so slippery that it was not easy to stand or walk on the ice (especially if you were on a slope or a hill) but we all made it OK and everyone completed their MPL Supported Air Rifle targets using the clubs 6 yard range and 50mm hard steel support bars.

The last shot of the Autumn/Winter 2018 competition was probably taken by Ray (SoftTop) who completed his targets just before 10pm last night - just 2 hours before the announced closing date! True to his name - he drove to the club in his soft top Fiat roadster - must have been a cold journey!

Good effort and thanks to everyone who supported the previous series, but now we can turn our attention towards our new current Spring/Summer 2019 MPL competition (and better weather!) and we look forward to seeing what new MPL rifles and pistols appear this season.
    Last edited by zooma; 01-02-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Bob,

Many thanks

I will amend the 2018 Autimn/Winter scores tomorrow (Saturday, 20190202).

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

It was -4 degrees last night when I left to go to the club in my MINI and it was so slippery that it was not easy to stand or walk on the ice (especially if you were on a slope or a hill) but we all made it OK and everyone completed their MPL Supported Air Rifle targets using the clubs 6 yard range and 50mm hard steel support bars.
    I went down the club last night for some 10M air pistol practice, and although it was cold, we didn't have any snow or ice anywhere.

I'm glad to read that you have got plenty of keen and participating members at your club Bob, as by comparison I'm the only one out of 62 members that shoots airguns competitively and the only person that bothered to turn up to shoot last night

Most of our folk shoot .22LR target rifle, LWSR and benchrest, although a few of us do also have some decent plinking and pellet testing sessions on our 50M outdoor range. It's a shame these chaps don't want to have a go at 6 yard or 10M target shooting.

I remember when I first started shooting airguns, I had to wait for a few weeks to join the club, and then there was always a queue to get on the range to shoot 2 NARPA cards

Anyhow, Good Luck everyone for the 2019 competition, and I'm looking out for a Walther or maybe a Feinwerkbau SSP rifle to shoot in the MPL...…
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/