Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    I went down the club last night for some 10M air pistol practice, and although it was cold, we didn't have any snow or ice anywhere.

I'm glad to read that you have got plenty of keen and participating members at your club Bob, as by comparison I'm the only one out of 62 members that shoots airguns competitively and the only person that bothered to turn up to shoot last night

Most of our folk shoot .22LR target rifle, LWSR and benchrest, although a few of us do also have some decent plinking and pellet testing sessions on our 50M outdoor range. It's a shame these chaps don't want to have a go at 6 yard or 10M target shooting.

I remember when I first started shooting airguns, I had to wait for a few weeks to join the club, and then there was always a queue to get on the range to shoot 2 NARPA cards

Anyhow, Good Luck everyone for the 2019 competition, and I'm looking out for a Walther or maybe a Feinwerkbau SSP rifle to shoot in the MPL...…
    We have a very small club Paul with nothing like as many members as yours and thats the way we like it - but we all shoot air weapons, so from that point of view I guess we have more of us shooting at 6 yards and 10 meters at our club than you do at yours

Ah - NARPA brings back good memories for me. I shot with NARPA for many years and really wish they were still going.

I enjoyed shooting at their annual finals competition in Wolverhampton at RAF Cosford a few times and also enjoyed shooting "shoulder to shoulder" against the Taunton and Plymouth Clubs not long after I started the Exmouth Air Rifle and Pistol Club - same time period!

We also shot 6 yards and 10 meters in the NSRA too and shot in their finals when they used to be held in the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff . The early '70s was the heyday for target shooting in the UK and I was pleased to have been part of it.

I have a nice Walther SSP that may interest you - but the FWB SSP rifles can generally be found for less cash than the Walthers - its just what you prefer.

If you ever venture 'up north ( don't be afraid - most of the rumours about what happens above the Watford Gap are generally unfounded) let me know as you would be welcome to come and shoot at our club with us.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We have a very small club Paul with nothing like as many members as yours and thats the way we like it - but we all shoot air weapons, so from that point of view I guess we have more of us shooting at 6 yards and 10 meters at our club than you do at yours

Ah - NARPA brings back good memories for me. I shot with NARPA for many years and really wish they were still going.

My NARPA number was TZR055 and I won my first 6 yard rifle prize shooting at NARPA targets in an Inter-Club match with my Original 75 and RWS Meisterkugeln

I enjoyed shooting at their annual finals competition in Wolverhampton at RAF Cosford a few times and also enjoyed shooting "shoulder to shoulder" against the Taunton and Plymouth Clubs not long after I started the Exmouth Air Rifle and Pistol Club - same time period!

We also shot 6 yards and 10 meters in the NSRA too and shot in their finals when they used to be held in the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff . The early '70s was the heyday for target shooting in the UK and I was pleased to have been part of it.

We used to shoot the NSRA targets in the NSRA / Eley postal competitions and in the Essex County postal comps

I have a nice Walther SSP that may interest you - but the FWB SSP rifles can generally be found for less cash than the Walthers - its just what you prefer.

Thanks for the email Bob, - I'm admiring the photos

If you ever venture 'up north ( don't be afraid - most of the rumours about what happens above the Watford Gap are generally unfounded) let me know as you would be welcome to come and shoot at our club with us.
    Thanks for the invite, and if I'm ever up your way I will bring some air guns to use

In the meantime I'll email you about the Walther ….
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Thanks for the invite, and if I'm ever up your way I will bring some air guns to use

In the meantime I'll email you about the Walther ….

Thanks Paul,

The Walther will make a superb MPL rifle - my little LGM-2 is lovely to shoot and has a similar action!

I hope you enjoy it!

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Paid my subs yesterday, so will be shooting rifle again,
    Hi Rob,

Hows the recovery coming along?

Hoe you will be fit enough to start shooting again soon!

Bob.

Hi,

Not good i'm afraid, i was hoping that after a month i would be at least 50% better but sadly not, shooting hurts, holding the rifle hurts, tried to work, but that cripples me with pain,

The joys of working for yourself !

Picked up a used 177 99 while iv'e been off, which i'd hoped to mod the same as my other one ie Williams sight etc, so i could shoot it at 10m, with the first one being zero'd in it 6yds. Iv'e reduced the spring & its running at 8ftlb at the moment, i just need to shoot it in to see where it settles at, but can't manage more that 5 shots.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Hi,

Not good i'm afraid, i was hoping that after a month i would be at least 50% better but sadly not, shooting hurts, holding the rifle hurts, tried to work, but that cripples me with pain,

The joys of working for yourself !

Picked up a used 177 99 while iv'e been off, which i'd hoped to mod the same as my other one ie Williams sight etc, so i could shoot it at 10m, with the first one being zero'd in it 6yds. Iv'e reduced the spring & its running at 8ftlb at the moment, i just need to shoot it in to see where it settles at, but can't manage more that 5 shots.
    Rob
    Sorry you are not back in action yet Rob but hope you start to feel better again soon.

Good to see you are keeping yourself amused in the meantime - I am sure your second HW99 mod will work out OK ready for you to shoot at 10 meters.

We have some more recent interest from BBS members who would like to enter the MPL postal competition for the first time and have asked to see some more details about the competition and how to enter, so I am elevating this thread to help explain everything as it also shows how to enter.

tcas146 - welcome to the MPL pistol competition Paul

Any excuse to shoot classic airguns is a good idea, and the MPL competition is probably one of the better ones.

Like you, I have have recently had a Model 6 re-sealed with new springs fitted, so I will also be shooting a Model 6 in this competition but mine is one of the previous types with the moulded plastic grip - an early grey coloured example that came with the early type rear sights too!

Good luck with your Model 6M !

tcas146,

Welcome to the MPL

I will try and get your target pack off today (Thursday, 20190314), but failing that tomorrow (Friday, 20190315).

Good shooting !

Best regards

Russ

Thanks Bob & Russ,

Looking forward to weight lifting my Original 6M for the MPL.

Cheers,

Paul

This is the current competition that can be entered at any time !

Come on folks !,

I'm begining to think i'm shooting against myself...."lonely, i'm so lonely...."

Rob,

Probably, like me, they have run away in fear of your scores !!

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Hello to All,

A big welcome to MattW, who has joined the MPL in the Pistol competition, and will be shooting a FAS604 ( a very nice pistol ! ).

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Hello to All,

A big welcome to MattW, who has joined the MPL in the Pistol competition, and will be shooting a FAS604 ( a very nice pistol ! ).

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    Thanks Russ
    Not shot an airgun (of any type) for well over ten years - bit of a learning curve ahead of me!