Thread: PCP 6yd 10m monthly free ‘comp’ suggestion?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi James.

The point of this comp is so we can shoot PCP rifles and pistols standing at 6yds and 10m on any target that is printed like the NSRA targets but not necessarily official NSRA targets. I've done it this way to take away the stress of getting the 'proper' targets, so these 6yds/10m pistol rifle practice targets will be fine.

https://www.target-air.co.uk/thick-p...e-etc-10-c.asp

Feel free to use any scope, red eye, open or dipper sight you like. This is labelled as a comp, but it's really just fun shoot to compare scores.

I also feel that SSP can be used at 10m because the MPL does not shoot over this distance.

Inward scoring by eye or the Target Scan app. I don't even care if you stick a scoring gauge in the hole if you want to do it that way. Nobody is going to call in the numbers as it's just fun. If people decide to cheat, that's on them, but there is no real point.

So measure out 6yds or 10m stick up a target and blast it with you PCP

PM me the score like this once you have shot 8 cards, so 50x8 max 400 score.

10m Rifle, MrChipShoulder, January 2018, Jacket, Trousers, Boots, LGM-1, 41-43-42-46-41-43-42-46=344
    6yd Pistol, MrChipShoulder, January 2018, Steyr Evo, 41-40-42-39-41-40-42-39=324
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 29-12-2018 at 09:30 PM.

I've just signed up for the MPL and I'll also be taking part in this (at 6 yards) so I can make use of my PCP. It will be interesting to compare the scores!

My only suggestion would be to make it a possible 300 ex 300 rather than ex 400 to compare like with like with the MPL. I realise it has started already however, so I suppose it's too late.

Hi,

I'm very open to move things about if that's what others want.
    I think I need to also make sure I don't trip over the MLP, so leaving some differences may be a good thing?
    As it stands now, to compare against your MPL score, I'd add your MPL score up and take and average, do the same with the 6-10 comp.
    So you'll not have a direct score, but possibly a more useful average score to compare

I hope that helps?

Thanks,
    Rob.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Thanks for arranging this Rob, the wife will have a go at the pistols also and I've just ordered a shed load of wad cutters, so now committed.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Awesome James, go for it

I assume my PM to you helped?

Hopefully this 6-10 comp will work nicely hand in hand with the MPL as a nice easy to access BBS forum comp.