Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCP 6yd 10m monthly free ‘comp’ suggestion?

Cool PCP 6yd 10m monthly free ‘comp’ suggestion?

Hi,

This may well be highly controversial because of the MPL, but I’m looking for a reason to shoot my PCP pistol standing.

My idea is to have a monthly table of scores for PCP only pistol and rifles at 6yd and 10m standing. It would be fully self scoring and totally free. The entrant would have to use their own NSRA targets. The score could be shot anywhere at any time, but a set of scores would have to be given before the 24th hour of each last day of the month.

All it would really be is a running table of scores month on month. One could look at it as a competition, or just a way of trying to beat a fellow BBS member or just a way of trying to improve and having goals compared to other scores.

I am happy to receive the email scores and update the score page on a monthly basis. I guess I’d need to run the idea past a Mod, but asking a viability question here first seems like a good start.

So what do people think?

And no, I can’t sleep, I’m all excited about Father Christmas coming in a mo !!!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Rob

Sounds a great idea, i don't own a pcp, but good luck with it,

Rob

I hope Santa was kind to you this year and I would also like to wish you good luck with your new PCP postal competition idea Rob.

It is certainly not controversial and would not offer any problems for the MPL shooters to worry about.

Including 10 metres for PCP is the right thing to do as few enjoy shooting them at the shorter 6 yard distance and is why it failed to work when we tried it in the MPL.

Your competition would not be in conflict with the MPL as this was devised as a “shoot from home” competition for classic airguns at a distance that most people were able to squeeze into their home - somewhere and somehow.

We always knew that most home shooters could not find 10 metres to shoot anywhere at home, and most classic airgun target shooters preferred the classic British 6 yard distance too.

There are already a lot of good 10 metre postal competitions being run in the UK but there will always be room for another well run series so “go for it” and see how popular you can make it.
    Last edited by zooma; 25-12-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Good Morning folks,

I would be interested in taking part in a 10m PCP pistol competition, as suggested by Rob in his OP.

At the moment I only shoot in the KCSSA seasonal postal matches and a couple of Open Competitions throughout the year, so any other comps during the year are welcome.

I also wonder if anyone would be interested in shooting PCP air pistol comps at 25m using the NSRA PL19 targets?

I am lucky in that our club has two 10m ranges, (10 firing points), and a 25m indoor range, (4 firing points), so we can cater for any of the ISSF / NSRA competitions
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Free 10m 6yd PCP only scoring thread.

Free 10m 6yd PCP only scoring thread.

I have sent a 'heads up' to the 'contact' on the bottom of this forum (no reply yet, but it's Christmas) about my plan to run a scores thread. I thought it maybe a problem because of the shoots like the MPL that charge? Reading Zooma's reply and applying some logic, why would there be a problem? The worst that can happen is I'm told/made to stop or the thread gets removed!

So I think I'll just push on and start a thread.

All shooters would need to do is PM me the scores and their details. Below would be an example.

10m Rifle, MrChipShoulder, January 2018, Jacket, Trousers, Boots, LGM-1, 41-43-42-46=172
    6yd Pistol, MrChipShoulder, January 2018, Steyr Evo, 41-40-42-39=162

Pistol would not be allowed to wear anything that is not 'normal' for pistol shooting! I think it's important to make known what shooting clothing people are wearing as a full 3P standing combo can make a difference to the score over somebody in their 'going down the pub' clothes taking the artillery hold and pulling the trigger. Guys that would use this scoring thread as a marker of their progress would want to know what they are up against I'm sure. If the scores are continually higher with 'suited' shooters, others may follow?

Scores can be shot onto anything that is printed like the NSRA cards, so the Target-Air white cards WOULD be OK etc. At the end of the day, it's about making contact with other shooters and comparing scores rather than full on official competition. It would all be self regulating and run purely on trust.

If after 6 months of me simply posting my scores nothing is happening, then I'll just kill it, but if a small band of people want to join in, then we can keep it rolling on. I own my own 10m range (link in my signature), so maybe at some point in the summer, there could be a 'shoot' at mine, or we could meet at a club etc, Who knows??

Any other suggestions welcome.

Rob,

I'll join you with monthly scores; 10M air pistol - Steyr LP10 - RWS Meisterkugeln 7.0g

I've got some non-NSRA Target-Air 6yd targets so I'll have a bash at those as well

I can shoot them at the club and maybe get some other members involved easier said than done

The only other thing that I would mention is that I normally shoot 60 - 80 shots per range session, and attend the club 3 -4 times a week, so I wouldn't mind if more than 4 target scores are to be submitted.
    So rather than ex 200, say ex 400 or ex 600??

I don't mind how many we shoot I'm happy with 4 targets as suggested.

Standing by for more info and ideas ………..
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your input, sounds exactly what I was looking for
    Bringing the scores back home from your club sounds perfect and would work well for people that don't have somewhere to shoot at home.

Higher shot counts?

Don't see why not, I just put ex 200 as it's a number that could be shot with less fatigue maybe and cost less in targets and (expensive sometimes) pellets?
    Maybe an ex 800 through the whole month would be better as it would keep the scores wider apart and the targets could be shot over a longer time spread out through the month rather than a quick whack in an hour or so?

This all sounds good so far and PLEASE add to this thread if anybody has something to offer. I'd like get some scores on the board this January as a starting point and see how it goes. It doesn't really matter how many cards are shot for now as long as we are all the same. We can simply say next month will be ex ??? if People want more (or less!)

I'm sure it will all sort it's self out over time one way or another.

Thanks,
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Hi Paul,

Thank you for your input, sounds exactly what I was looking for
    Bringing the scores back home from your club sounds perfect and would work well for people that don't have somewhere to shoot at home.

Higher shot counts?

Don't see why not, I just put ex 200 as it's a number that could be shot with less fatigue maybe and cost less in targets and (expensive sometimes) pellets?
    Maybe an ex 800 through the whole month would be better as it would keep the scores wider apart and the targets could be shot over a longer time spread out through the month rather than a quick whack in an hour or so?

This all sounds good so far and PLEASE add to this thread if anybody has something to offer. I'd like get some scores on the board this January as a starting point and see how it goes. It doesn't really matter how many cards are shot for now as long as we are all the same. We can simply say next month will be ex ??? if People want more (or less!)

I'm sure it will all sort it's self out over time one way or another.

Thanks,
    Rob.
    Hi Rob,

I've marked up eight 10M pistol cards to make a start with next week

I'm going to have a go at shooting ex 800 for January, say 4 cards per week, in between my KCSSA and MPL targets
    ATB, Paul

OK Paul,

Then that's that, 8 cards at 50 points per card =400 @ 10m and 6yds per month as a starting point

Anything allowed at 10m, PCP only at 6yds, all standing (unless disabled).

Please send me monthly scores as a lump in this format:-

10m Rifle, MrChipShoulder, January 2018, Jacket, Trousers, Boots, LGM-1, 41-43-42-46=172
    6yd Pistol, MrChipShoulder, January 2018, Steer Evo, 41-40-42-39=162

The 'comp' can develop over time (or die out!)

Rob.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 30-12-2018 at 09:07 PM.

All sounds good to me Rob,

I've got some of the Target Air 6 yards targets to use and we've got plenty of NSRA 10M air pistol targets at the club.

I'll be using my Steyr LP10 with RWS Meisterkugeln 7.0g pelletsas I've got thousands of them I didn't notice any improvement in my scores when I used RWS R10s

Hopefully somemore BBS folk will get on board and join in
    ATB, Paul

Hi I’d be interested in this, I normally shoot 10m rifle and pistol at our clubs indoor range.
    I use an AA alpha proj in .177 and have a good supply of NSRA 10m targets.

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

OK Guys,

It's guna happen

I'll get a new thread started that will be constantly updated as we go.

Should be fun

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I'd be interested but have never shot pistols in comps other than fun shoots at my local club, so not sure even about the scoring your talking about or if I can join in with my gear

I have a PCP pistol and a red dot site, can this be used? Do I have to declare wearing camo Would it be possible to email me a target card so I can print them off and use them as I have loads but not NSRA? How do I score it? I don't have an issue with distance, I can open the garage and shoot through the kitchen!

If I can fit in with this lot, then the wife may do it as well as we both have the same kit.

Thanks

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Hi James.

The point of this comp is so we can shoot PCP rifles and pistols standing at 6yds and 10m on any target that is printed like the NSRA targets but not necessarily official NSRA targets. I've done it this way to take away the stress of getting the 'proper' targets, so these 6yds/10m pistol rifle practice targets will be fine.

https://www.target-air.co.uk/thick-p...e-etc-10-c.asp

Feel free to use any scope, red eye, open or dipper sight you like. This is labelled as a comp, but it's really just fun shoot to compare scores.

I also feel that SSP can be used at 10m because the MPL does not shoot over this distance.

Inward scoring by eye or the Target Scan app. I don't even care if you stick a scoring gauge in the hole if you want to do it that way. Nobody is going to call in the numbers as it's just fun. If people decide to cheat, that's on them, but there is no real point.

So measure out 6yds or 10m stick up a target and blast it with you PCP

PM me the score like this once you have shot 8 cards, so 50x8 max 400 score.

10m Rifle, MrChipShoulder, January 2018, Jacket, Trousers, Boots, LGM-1, 41-43-42-46-41-43-42-46=344
    6yd Pistol, MrChipShoulder, January 2018, Steyr Evo, 41-40-42-39-41-40-42-39=324
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 29-12-2018 at 09:30 PM.