Thread: Thank goodness that's over!

Thank goodness that's over!

THE most nerve racking thing I have done for many a year......

.... I have just used the Dremel on my Steyr Evo 10e grip!
    Just a bit off under my little finger and a bit of sculpting for my middle and I am already feeling a lot more comfortable.
    Loving the pistol and thoroughly enjoying the sport.

Cheers
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Well done!

Well done Chris!

As one who for forty + years has been married to a lady shooter, where on every new rifle she had I had to saw off the best part of two inches from the stock, I share your apprehension, but by now its just a natural thing that has to be done!, more complex on alloys though!

Pre Arthritis when I shot pistol seriously I did the same on all mine, thinned the "divider" and eased the grip, you just need to learn how to stipple now, and they look like they've never been touched.

Have Fun and a good shooting year.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Got a stipple tool you can borrow when your done.

I use a power file these days. Sounds a bit drastic. But I find I can do the job much quicker and neater with it.

I may take you up on that Nick, thank you. I have sharpened a 6 inch nail and will be trying that in the next few days, if it is no good I will pm you, cheers.
    Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    I may take you up on that Nick, thank you. I have sharpened a 6 inch nail and will be trying that in the next few days, if it is no good I will pm you, cheers.
    Atb
    Chris
    I use a small sized burr in a Dremel - it takes hours - but the end result is well worth the effort and if you make your stipples a little deeper ( as I do) the improvement in "grip" is noticeable and the skin breathes better so the hand stays cooler too!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.