Thread: HW100 - BSA r10

HW100 - BSA r10

Hi guys,
    I currently have a r10 mk2 and have took a shine to my mates HW100 KT,
    I am thinking of trading in the r10 for a HW100? What's your thoughts? And what sort of deal should I expect to get?
    Cheers lads and merry Christmas!
    Rich

no idea what sort of deal you might get but i do like your comment to get the hw100, an i guess that means not getting a Karbine, think you would find the shot count horrendous. but i can certainly recommend the full size HW100.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Yes buy HW100k probably the best out of the box gun IMO

I run both, but the hw100 gets the vote.

Plus one for the 100K, but have a feel of the sporter. The new stocks are ambi and a bit slimmer than the older right handed ones.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Plus one for the 100K, but have a feel of the sporter. The new stocks are ambi and a bit slimmer than the older right handed ones.

Chris
    Hi Chris , have you another regal yet

Hope you are keeping well mate

I have the Laminated HW100KT and a BSA R10 SE. After initial problems with the 100 both guns have been impressive. I prefer shouldering the R10 super carbine. The R10 is more consistent only just, both have great triggers and mag systems. I would be happy with either.
    R10SE .22 Tactical, Huma Regged, HW100 KT .177

I also have both. Whilst I cannot fault either for accuracy, feel & so far, reliability, I find the shot count on the 100 annoying.
    When out on permissions, I know I can't have a plink while waiting, in case I run out of air whereas the r10 will see me through the day
    Always learning

I feel the r10 shoulders better than any 100 Ive had or tried, and think shotcount if thats an issue for you. Ive not had much luck with either rifles to be fair so Id say if you have an accurate and hassle free one keep it.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I would be wrong to not acknowledge the HW100’s capabilities.

I bought a 100T without spending time to really know if it was right for me, the result was a shooter/gun combination that didn’t work. This can be the case with any gun of course. Please spend the time, before buying, ensuring the HW100 is the gun you want/expect it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Hi Chris , have you another regal yet

Hope you are keeping well mate
    Hi Mitch, believe it or not I bought a Regal HR a couple of months ago and it’s a cracker!
    I’m well mate (apart from the Regal sickness), hope you are too.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would be wrong to not acknowledge the HW100’s capabilities.

I bought a 100T without spending time to really know if it was right for me, the result was a shooter/gun combination that didn’t work. This can be the case with any gun of course. Please spend the time, before buying, ensuring the HW100 is the gun you want/expect it to be.
    I'm looking to buy the HW100 KT - the reason being I couldn't see if the R10 came in .20 calibre which the 100 does.

Atb
    Ed

Yes as above, very poor shot count on the 100, Not as efficient when shot through the skan, hw100 are buggers for leaking also,

hw100

i have a kt great bit of kit love mine

Cool

Cheers lads, I think I'll have a look around and see if I can pick a 100 up for a deal with my r10?