Thread: Walther century piston seal in an HW?

Walther century piston seal in an HW?

Just a query whether the Walther Century 30mm seal will fit an HW35 or 80? Just seen some very reasonably priced on the well known auction site and wondered about taking a punt. Has anyone else tried this, or vice-versa?

It's not something I've tried, Mark.

A certain lovely event organiser will know.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Just a query whether the Walther Century 30mm seal will fit an HW35 or 80? Just seen some very reasonably priced on the well known auction site and wondered about taking a punt. Has anyone else tried this, or vice-versa?
    Hi, I’ve seen on you tube a piston off of a century that has been fitted with a hw35/80 seal,it was a straight forward swap, so I would assume it would work vice versa. I’ve just bought a century myself so any feedback on which of the two seals is best would be handy.
    Regards Graham

I've heard that the century seals can be loose and fitting a hw80 seal fixes the issue so I would think the century seal may be a loose fit in the 80 cylinders.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    They are slightly different sizes but I cannot remember the exact details. I may have the specs at home and will look for them later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    They are slightly different sizes but I cannot remember the exact details. I may have the specs at home and will look for them later in the week.
    Thanks Steve.

YES - it will.

I fettled a CENTURY not long ago I bought s/h from Germany.

I had to find out that it was a so far to me unknown "simple" version differing from the "GT"-version obviously sold in GB and elsewhere.
    The GT has a rotating piston and the XM-trigger system like the LGV/LGU, my/the simple version shows a non rotating piston and the very basic XT-trigger.
    Felt myself quite fooled - not by the seller but from Messrs. WALTHER but that's another story.
    Bought a CENTURY GT meanwhile and will do a side by side comparison as ambient temperatures will allow.

Anyway I found the piston seal of my simple CENTURY model in a slightly dire state and ordered a new OEM spare just finding out that its obviously the same seal design as used bei WEIHRAUCH in their HW35/80/90.
    So I took some pictures of my stock of used/damaged/worn out HW seals I collected over the times and pictures of the old and new CENTURY seal. Out of interested and to be sure put an old VORTEK HW80 seal on the CENTURY piston - it fits fine.

You're free to roam my gallery of the non-GT CENTURY project (pictures so far unnarrated).
    https://picload.org/view/dclradii/27...bendi.jpg.html