Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10m pistol

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    AC All Day,

WRT US & spares - you would have thought so, but no

Seal kit etc. for the MP-46M are available from Pyramyd Air :

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/IZH_4...placements/592

That is ca. 50 USD

The robbing bastards wanted me to cough up almost £60 for postage for the UK, and refused to send it any other way as 'they might get damaged' - so almost £90 for for 5 seals.

When I finally caved in, and ordered the items, Pyramyd cancelled the order three days later, because my Visa card was issued from a 'foreign bank' - they only accept cards issued by US banks. Bunch of twats

I was also shafted by a chappie (a very famous airgunsmith in the USA) who sold an o-ring replacement for the firing valve assembly on the MP-46M. ca. £75 gone, and no parts ever.

The fecker refused to answer any emails on the subject.

So, yes, spares are a problem

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    Just found a fella on the bay of e direct from Russia and about £13

I’m not looking for modern steyr or morini etc; too much gun for my limited abilities.

Why do you feel a modern gun is too much for your abilities, With practice your abilities will improve and shooting with a match grade pistol certainly wouldn't be detrimental to any advances in ability,

I do also rate the IZH very highly and was very reluctant to sell mine on even though I didn't use it.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    I’m not looking for modern steyr or morini etc; too much gun for my limited abilities.

Why do you feel a modern gun is too much for your abilities, With practice your abilities will improve and shooting with a match grade pistol certainly wouldn't be detrimental to any advances in ability,

I do also rate the IZH very highly and was very reluctant to sell mine on even though I didn't use it.

I also really enjoyed shooting with the Izzie - but with the current hike in price for a new one and the total lack of even basic spare parts (including seals) in the UK this pistol is not worth spending any time thinking about - either new or used.

If a new importer for the UK was found to offer the pistol at a MORE REALISTIC PRICE (like it was previously) and could demonstrate a good stock of seals and essential spare parts and had a willingness to maintain a good stock of seals and essential spare parts AT A REALISTIC PRICE then I would most definitely buy one.

Russ's experience should be enough to suggest that buying one is not likely offer a good long term ownership prospect for anyone here in the UK. This may not be the case for those living in a country that has a good importer who sells the pistol at a fair price and who supports this pistol with a good supply of spare seals and parts - also at a realistic price!

These are superb SSP match pistols that were ( and should still) be available in this country at a very competitive price - but the supply of spare parts to fit them has always been awful in this country and until that changes they are not even worth considering IMHO.
    Last edited by zooma; 29-12-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I also really enjoyed shooting with the Izzie - but with the current hike in price for a new one and the total lack of even basic spare parts (including seals) in the UK this pistol is not worth spending any time thinking about - either new or used.

If a new importer for the UK was found to offer the pistol at a MORE REALISTIC PRICE (like it was previously) and could demonstrate a good stock of seals and essential spare parts and had a willingness to maintain a good stock of seals and essential spare parts AT A REALISTIC PRICE then I would most definitely buy one.

Russ's experience should be enough to suggest that buying one is not likely offer a good long term ownership prospect for anyone here in the UK. This may not be the case for those living in a country that has a good importer who sells the pistol at a fair price and who supports this pistol with a good supply of spare seals and parts - also at a realistic price!

These are superb SSP match pistols that were ( and should still) be available in this country at a very competitive price - but the supply of spare parts to fit them has always been awful in this country and until that changes they are not even worth considering IMHO.
    Hi read my post above.......I have just bought a set of seals for £13 of the bay of E......direct from Russia, other spares available including the Drozed.
    https://www./itm/Baikal-Izh-46-MP-46...sAAOSwVgtZ3FgU

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    Hi read my post above.......I have just bought a set of seals for £13 of the bay of E......direct from Russia, other spares available including the Drozed.
    https://www./itm/Baikal-Izh-46-MP-46...sAAOSwVgtZ3FgU

Thats interesting - and it shows that somebody in Russia is probably aware of the shortage of spares for them here in the UK.

The price is very good compared to what Russ had to pay - but it makes you wonder what they would cost if we had a good UK importer - probably less than half the price - including a tidy mark-up for the dealer!

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post

To clarify a bit, I’ve shot in the past to a fair standard, and had a few decent modern pistols, steyr lp10, Walther ssp, pardini p10 ssp etc. I just ended up shooting too many competitions and it sucked the enjoyment out of it for a time.

It’s really that I only want to shoot for pleasure rather than serious competition for the time being.

I am trying to resist the temptation to go for a morini or a fwb, Or even a steyr again. Hard to justify the cost for less serious shooting.

Co2 versions of older match pistols are very good value now and easy to fill with an out-of-date Co2 fire extinguisher.

Steyr LP1, Walther CP2 or CP3 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by magicdog View Post
    Co2 versions of older match pistols are very good value now and easy to fill with an out-of-date Co2 fire extinguisher.

Steyr LP1, Walther CP2 or CP3 etc.
    Totally agree, they make a superb choice along with the Feinerkbau CO2 models from the same time period.

Really nicely engineered and a bargain too !

Kinder to shoot - not as harsh as a PCP and easier to be consistent with as well.

AC All Day,

Many thanks for the URL

I have ordered a set of seals.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

10 m pistol

I have a as new tau Brno mko8 pcp pistol, grey laminate grip and 2 cylinders with a case and instructions. I have recently bought a pardini k12 so is now spare. A club member is trying it Monday night but if does not want it it will be for sale on here for £300.

Quote Originally Posted by XDRIVER View Post
    I have a as new tau Brno mko8 pcp pistol, grey laminate grip and 2 cylinders with a case and instructions. I have recently bought a pardini k12 so is now spare. A club member is trying it Monday night but if does not want it it will be for sale on here for £300.
    Cheers, let me know if it’s still available.

Steve

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ess-pistol-177
    Any good? Not too far away either.

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ess-pistol-177
    Any good? Not too far away either.

Atb
    Chris
    Thanks Chris.

10m pistol

Tau mk08 pistol has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by XDRIVER View Post
    Tau mk08 pistol has been sold.
    Bugger.

The search continues.