Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10m pistol

Partly sorted.

Thanks to everyone for the input and offers above.

I’m now the proud owner of a lovely Original Model 10. many thanks to John (Perlin) for meeting up to complete the transaction. A complete gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.

Now the fly in the ointment, the grip on the pistol is LH.

I know it’s a long shot but does anyone have, or know where I might lay my hands on, a RH adjustable grip that will fit?

Hi Steve, was a pleasure to meet you and I wish you good luck in your search.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the input and offers above.

I’m now the proud owner of a lovely Original Model 10. many thanks to John (Perlin) for meeting up to complete the transaction. A complete gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.

Now the fly in the ointment, the grip on the pistol is LH.

I know it’s a long shot but does anyone have, or know where I might lay my hands on, a RH adjustable grip that will fit?
    Hi Steve,

Thats an ideal pistol to enter the MPL postal competition with - a true classic.

I don't know of any right hand grips to fit your Model 10, but hopefully someone here on the BBS will know where to find a set for you.

Failing that you could always give RINK an email to see if they are still willing to make a set for you.

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Steve,

Thats an ideal pistol to enter the MPL postal competition with - a true classic.

I don't know of any right hand grips to fit your Model 10, but hopefully someone here on the BBS will know where to find a set for you.

Failing that you could always give RINK an email to see if they are still willing to make a set for you.

Bob.
    Cheers Bob

I know it’s a long shot, but maybe someone is in the reverse position to me and wants to swap.

I had a look at the rink website and they don’t list the model 10, but as you say, maybe they would be willing to have a go. I’ll keep searching for some real ones for a bit first.

Someone is currently selling a right hand Original Mod 10 (and Mod 6) on Gunstar. The Model 10 needs a new seal and he says any reasonable offer will be considered. You might be able to do a deal and get the Model 10 for a lot less than a Rink grip would cost and then swap the grips and sell it on again. If you can service it/reseal it yourself you might even make a profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyb View Post
    Someone is currently selling a right hand Original Mod 10 (and Mod 6) on Gunstar. The Model 10 needs a new seal and he says any reasonable offer will be considered. You might be able to do a deal and get the Model 10 for a lot less than a Rink grip would cost and then swap the grips and sell it on again. If you can service it/reseal it yourself you might even make a profit!
    They were sold ages ago, kenny. Dunno why the ad is still there, they must get pestered with calls.

Thanks for the heads up though, much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve.

BigEars Guest
    If it's any comfort to you, your old Steyr is being used 4 times a week.

Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    If it's any comfort to you, your old Steyr is being used 4 times a week.
    I’m really glad it’s working well for you.

I regretted selling you that as soon as you drove away

The search for RH grips looks like I’m at a dead end, Diana not interested, even Rink wouldn’t consider it.

I’m reduced to whipping out my penknife and whittling my own.

BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    Thanks Chris

I’ve been talking with a couple of 3D printing outfits, one was willing to have a go but the cost, after laser scanning, programming and printing was prohibitive.

...and they’re not visually appealing to me.

Having handled 3D printed stuff before i can’t see it feeling wonderful in the hand either.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

BigEars Guest
    I’m really glad it’s working well for you.

I regretted selling you that as soon as you drove away

The search for RH grips looks like I’m at a dead end, Diana not interested, even Rink wouldn’t consider it.

I’m reduced to whipping out my penknife and whittling my own.
    Screech of tyres and smell of rubber and exhaust.

New grip

After no joy with the search for new grips I’ve made a set.

https://i1184.photobucket.com/albums...60E5F4977.jpeg

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...0C2305B33.jpeg

First outing with the Mod 10 this evening and it’s not too shabby.

I’m out of practice though...

Not too Shabby? They look amazing -well done, good for you!!
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

arnie2b Guest
    After no joy with the search for new grips I’ve made a set.

https://i1184.photobucket.com/albums...60E5F4977.jpeg

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...0C2305B33.jpeg

First outing with the Mod 10 this evening and it’s not too shabby.

I’m out of practice though...
    Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
    Not too Shabby? They look amazing -well done, good for you!!
    Cheers, it was a nice challenge. The mirroring thing was a mind bender at times.

Funny thing is, now I’ve made this set I feel like I’ve just got my head around the process and I want to do another, bearing in mind the lessons learned from this. I’d probably change the order of operations slightly etc.

If I come across a nice piece of figured walnut I’ll probably be tempted.

Steve