Thread: Webley target pistol

Webley target pistol

Ive wanted a target model pistol for best part of a decade now.Will anyone help fill the void for me?cash waiting.Id prefer a nice shooting average condition .177 but im not fussy really i Just want one
    Last edited by SLUGGY; 31-12-2018 at 04:01 AM.

What do you mean by target pistol? Oldie target? Or Alecto??
    Ive seen a MK2 target on gunstar yesterday. Expensive though
    Tim Dysen guns
    ATB,
    yana

wbley mk 11 target model

boxed one on g * £600

target model

just had a look its 22

I think Protek had one and a straight grip Senior when I was last in the shop.

There should be some available at the next Kempton fair in March.

John

Thanks john,i could only see the sttraight grip senior on protek.
    Last edited by SLUGGY; 01-01-2019 at 11:36 PM.

I am curious, other than having 'target model' stamped on the side, how does this model differ from the standard Senior?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Nice one here

Not badly priced for a genuine boxed example

https://www.timdysonairguns.co.uk/sh...alibre-sn-347/

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    I am curious, other than having 'target model' stamped on the side, how does this model differ from the standard Senior?
    Hello,

Following the successful introduction of the Mk1, Webley acknowledged the need for a deluxe version specifically designed for the more serious target shooters. This model was designated the “Mk2 Target” and first appeared in 1925. The pistol was produced between 1925-1930 in the serial range 10,000-40,000. As the pistols were produced and serialised in conjunction with the MK1 it is not clear how many were made. However, if as seems likely, they were made in similar numbers to the later separately serial numbered “Straight Grip Senior” model, it can be safely assumed that around 7000 were produced in total.
    The main differences from the standard Mk1 were provision of an improved rear sight adjustable for windage and elevation, replacement of the leather piston washer with tungsten piston rings and vulcanised (hardened rubber) grips instead of the wood grips fitted to the Mk1.
    Although slightly more sophisticated, the Mk2 does not represent a significant advance in performance over the Mk1.

A real improvement appeared in 1930 with the introduction of the "Straight Grip Senior" designed to replace the “Mk2 Target” with another pistol meant for the serious competitive shooter.
    This pistol was made between 1930-1935 with around 7000 pistols being produced. Again a quality all steel pistol available in .177 and .22 with two significant improvements over the “Mk2 Target”. The most significant improvement was the introduction of an additional cocking link which acting on a fulcrum mounted the cylinder resulted in a significant reduction in the effort needed to cock the pistol. The second improvement involved the replacement of the sliding barrel release latch with a more convenient “stirrup” lever mounted on the side of the frame. The only other major change from the “Mk2 Target” was the omission of the safety device previously fitted to the side of the frame.
    Straight grip “Seniors” are at least as accurate as the “Mk2 Target” with the added advantage of being much easier to cock and load. Very early examples retained the trigger adjustment screw but this was soon removed and consequently some triggers can be a bit heavy.

Hope this helps.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 02-01-2019 at 01:53 PM.

That was an interesting read ,thanks.Seems each time i look for one of these i end up coming full circle to remember how much i like one particular wood grip mark 1 i have,funny how some pistols just have an extra feel to them compared to others even of the same model.Plinkety ,plink.Thanks all
    Last edited by SLUGGY; 03-01-2019 at 10:15 PM.

mk1 webley.

Email sent with reference to mk1 target pistol.

Still waiting for the mesage now i have updated my email as per pm!cheers

mk1

Quote Originally Posted by SLUGGY View Post
    Still waiting for the mesage now i have updated my email as per pm!cheers
    Will try again