Thread: Webley & Scott EXCEL and FWB Sport 127 valuation

Webley & Scott EXCEL and FWB Sport 127 valuation

This is my first post on this forum so I hope you will bear with me, I'll start by wishing everybody a Happy New Year and continue by asking if any of you could provide a valuation and advice on how I might go about disposing of two air rifles found in the effects of a recently departed freind.
    Firstly
    A Webley & Scott EXCEL .22. It appears to be in good condition, the stock is almost unmarked, the metalwork has a little light rust on it. It has been stored, relatively unused in a gun bag for some time. The cocking action seems strong and seems to fire well, it certainly disturbed some debris and tin cans at about 25m. Obviously I cannot vouch for the condition of the internals and it would require testing under appropriate conditions to verify accuracy and correct function. It has front rear sights and is fitted with a Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 4x32 scope.
    Secondly
    Feinwerkebau Sport 127 .22 This appears to be in very nice condition, it is has what looks like a standard beech stock which is undamaged and in good condition save for some small scratches and scuffs. It is has been stored in a gun bag for some. It is fitted with a scope of indeterminate origin, the graticule of which seems to be askew/slipped. The front sight is missing and the rear sight has missing/broken parts. Now the bad bit. The cocking mechanism has not been checked as the gun cannot be fired due to a broken trigger, how this happened is anyone's guess. I have acertained that a new trigger can be purchased , at a price...! I would hope that there is someone amongst you who has the ability to restore this gun to a good working condition, given that it is such a highly respected air rifle. If anyone has any questions or would like more photos I would be happy to help.
    They are currently situated in the South-West of France, but could be transferred to the UK at some point.

Photographs:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jcnj0cade...RUfQcjdra?dl=0

Welcome to the forum. Regarding the two rifles:
    Webley Excel - not really a flagship of the Webley range at the time, and as it's a bit cosmetically challenged, you might be looking at £100 tops (I might be corrected by more knowledgeable members)
    FWB 127 - Shame about that one. The parts it appears to be missing are the costliest to replace (sights fetch silly money on auction sites and triggers are nominally 25% of the cost of a good second hand rifle). So, I'd not go over £100 on that one either. In fact it may be more lucrative to strip it down and auction the parts off.
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 04-01-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks for that CapitalBee, you have confirmed what I was beginning to suspect. As for the FWB 127, I would rather it went for a little less to keep it usable and besides I don't really have the time to take it apart and flog the bits individually, we'll see what sort of response we get.

Welcome to the forum madrian,
    As CapitaBee states it may be better to strip the FWB down and sell for parts, you would probably achieve £50 each for the barrel and stock.
    I think that any most people who would buy this would probably strip it as I don't think it will be economical to repair.

I will repair it for the OP as PM Dim but willing. Jules

Thanks for the offer deejayuu, it is an option I am considering.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    FWB 127 - Shame about that one. The parts it appears to be missing are the costliest to replace (sights fetch silly money on auction sites and triggers are nominally 25% of the cost of a good second hand rifle). So, I'd not go over £100 on that one either. In fact it may be more lucrative to strip it down and auction the parts off.
    Agree on the FWB, about a ton sounds right... not a cheap fix, a bit of a risk in terms of what other internal damage / servicing there might be, and the repaired gun without sights and in "used but not abused condition" would be worth maybe £150-£175.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.