Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What’s on your airgun agenda for 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    30+ is impressive although I have heard of some on this forum, remarkably with over 50 and I gather one or two with over 100. As I recall from previous posts, you are also a keen collector of Crossmans. I think I could spend a day happily viewing your collection - albeit you are in USA, alas!

Is there anything, in particular, you are seeking?

My collection is rather more humble - at eight, but all good working examples of top class springers. But I am a firm believer in using them and I keep a file on each rifle, the pellets they prefer and grouping sizes at various distances per the targets. This keeps me busy, when conditions and time permit.

I have just bought a first class BSA Standard, which I spotted at Kempton. I phoned the seller a few days later to see if he had sold it. Remarkably, he had not so I bought it after second thoughts and it is the best Standard I have seen anywhere.

Do you find you are able to shoot all of those in your collection?

Rgds
    A
    I shoot them all but I’m a backyard shooter, just love to see how they work and perform. Yes the auction has some of the rarest Crosmans I have seen in one place. 1923 and 1924 models. I think only 4 are known of the 1924?

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by distantcamera View Post
    I might try to actually use some of mine this year
    I'm going to try and find something I don't end up selling within 6-12 months...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

I'm very happy to have won our clubs Iron sight pistol HFT league last year with my trusty FWB90.

This year I'm going to use a different pistol from my collection each month.
    It'll be a great way to get to know some of these vintage pistols really well, fine tune their zero's and learn how to get the best out of them.
    I doubt I'll win this years league but it should be great fun.

I'm ready to debut a Webley Premier on saturday that's shooting suprisingly well!

Cheers,
    Matt.

I had a Webley Venom Viper rifle given to me, I am so impressed with the quality of the rifle and the help I received from V-Mach that I want one of their latest products.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Same as
    I’m thinking the same! 😀👍

Mmmm...Not long ago I posted that the last purchase is going to be the very, very last one to purchase, I also said that about 10 purchases before that. But, if I can get hold of a very tidy BSA 635 Magnum, I swear that that will be the last of the lasts......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Mmmm...Not long ago I posted that the last purchase is going to be the very, very last one to purchase, I also said that about 10 purchases before that. But, if I can get hold of a very tidy BSA 635 Magnum, I swear that that will be the last of the lasts......
    I'd like a challenger to go with my airsporter carbine
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

I need to shoot more, collect less, and have another cull.

There, said it.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
    I need to shoot more, collect less, and have another cull.

There, said it.
    Me too!
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Stop buying more broken guns...

Shoot the ones I have more or at least once.

Find a Lincoln Jeffries stock or a scrap donor LJ gun with an Ok stock that I can use to replace the stock on a renovation project.

Finally attend one of Binner's events.

Track down a BSA Military pattern, a Tyrolean HW77 although I keep saying I won't buy anymore guns, I just can't stop falling for another and then another.

I have agreed with my wife I have a problem, I just dont want to face reality at this time, I am happy living in the past with the airguns of my boyhood dreams. Please dont make me face the reality that its 2019, I'm middle aged with god knows how many responsibilities.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    For all of those vowing to shoot their collectables more, can I seriously suggest attending T20's boinger bash. See general airgun for link. It really is the ideal opportunity. The bench is covered so no getting wet. There are targets from 8 to 75 yards, and yes I have seen a freestanding shot at the 75 with a classic iron sighted rifle taken with success. There's even a regulation bell target. Tea and coffee on tap and burgers etc. at very reasonable prices normally served by the lovely Shirl, if not it'll be mick, but get real boys, you can't have it all. You will get to see some other lovely classis pieces and meet other very knowledgeable collectors, I don't include myself in that category, by the way. A tenner for the Saturday or a score for as long as you pretty well like. All categories of sub 12 airguns are welcomed. What's not to like?

Rifles are dismantled and reassembled regularly and if you've got a problem with anything, someone will know how. This is not restricted to rifles, but life in general, George gets his intimate grooming done by the strong stomached and much adored Mel.

The attendees are all delightful apart from Bongo, but it's only a front, once you know the password he's adorable. You will see some amazing shooting as well, especially if the cuddly, culty raymond is in attendance.

Oh and it's in the centre of the country, dogs are positively encouraged, it's a stones throw from some great pubs and an Indian can be delivered to the field opposite the bungalow without hitch.

Do it, it would be great to have gentleman's corner in attendance. I personally take ten rifles and eight pistols with me. If legal and possible they all get used.

There's even a bring and buy table, just don't stand in front of Trumpetier when anyone slides something new onto it.

My own resolution for 19 is to buy more guns. So far it's going swimmingly.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

You make a good point, I must attend a boinger bash!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    You make a good point, I must attend a boinger bash!
    Good man.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....13#post7624413

There's a few make it from your neck of the woods.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Thumbs up

This year i'm deffo going to get my collection down to manageable proportions, I'm hovering somewhere just below the 160 mark and hope to get down to around 60 guns later this year!

The only thing is making my mind up what will be staying and what will be going!!

I can't remember when I last fired any of my guns, I know it was at Micks place for sure though!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    For all of those vowing to shoot their collectables more, can I seriously suggest attending T20's boinger bash. See general airgun for link. It really is the ideal opportunity. The bench is covered so no getting wet. There are targets from 8 to 75 yards, and yes I have seen a freestanding shot at the 75 with a classic iron sighted rifle taken with success. There's even a regulation bell target. Tea and coffee on tap and burgers etc. at very reasonable prices normally served by the lovely Shirl, if not it'll be mick, but get real boys, you can't have it all. You will get to see some other lovely classis pieces and meet other very knowledgeable collectors, I don't include myself in that category, by the way. A tenner for the Saturday or a score for as long as you pretty well like. All categories of sub 12 airguns are welcomed. What's not to like?

Rifles are dismantled and reassembled regularly and if you've got a problem with anything, someone will know how. This is not restricted to rifles, but life in general, George gets his intimate grooming done by the strong stomached and much adored Mel.

The attendees are all delightful apart from Bongo, but it's only a front, once you know the password he's adorable. You will see some amazing shooting as well, especially if the cuddly, culty raymond is in attendance.

Oh and it's in the centre of the country, dogs are positively encouraged, it's a stones throw from some great pubs and an Indian can be delivered to the field opposite the bungalow without hitch.

Do it, it would be great to have gentleman's corner in attendance. I personally take ten rifles and eight pistols with me. If legal and possible they all get used.

There's even a bring and buy table, just don't stand in front of Trumpetier when anyone slides something new onto it.

My own resolution for 19 is to buy more guns. So far it's going swimmingly.

Dave

We usually get to see guns that there's not much chance of ever seeing normally when you set the rack up Dave!! It's always a pleasure to see them but ends up getting muddy on the ground in front from all the puddles of drool!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/