Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QB57 Will it be collectable ?

Quote Originally Posted by kamyonsofor View Post
    Benelli have faith with your Qb57 I am a atheist and I have one with a scope fitted and with all the quotes could be on "Songs of Praise" next sunday ,when the Vicar says lift up your arms the Qb will be coming out of it's box.
    Bedford is my home area, was born in Luton. Personally I do not believe a real atheist exists. This QB57 belongs to a good friend and I am checking over for him. I would never own one myself, although it is not a bad performer, nice crisp firing cycle and quite accurate, only just under 10 ft.lb. energy. Regarding the Bible I have studied it for 42 years and like seeing the prophecies fulfilled. Some time in the future, Russia, Iran, Turkey and a few others are going to attack Israel and lose, that should be interesting.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 04-01-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

QB

I stuck a RD25 Hawk red dot on mine as its never going to be a tack driver! Shoots great for a bit of tin can bashing with better accuracy and power than I was expecting.
    Quirky things can be collectible but can't see you retiring on it.
    Just enjoy shooting it while humming the 007 theme tune.

This was my favourite take down rifle, AR7 Explorer 8 shot .22 R.F., all the action and barrel fits in the stock. The rifle actually floats, but make sure it is assembled first ! Sean Connery actually used one in the James Bond films. Had to do some work on mine to get it to be a reliable semi-auto.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Used to see these advertised many years ago......often wondered how the zero might have changed between dismounting & replacing the barrel. Does it lock up so well that it holds poa/poi, or would it have suited barrel mounted sights better instead of on the receiver? I know many were 'scoped so was that with special mounts to account for removal/ replacement without the need to sight it in again. Sorry to ask but never tried one or knew of anyone who had one to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    Used to see these advertised many years ago......often wondered how the zero might have changed between dismounting & replacing the barrel. Does it lock up so well that it holds poa/poi, or would it have suited barrel mounted sights better instead of on the receiver? I know many were 'scoped so was that with special mounts to account for removal/ replacement without the need to sight it in again. Sorry to ask but never tried one or knew of anyone who had one to ask.
    The barrel has a lug that locks into the receiver, and you hand tighten the whole thing together with a large diameter nut. I found it very, very accurate seeing that it was a steel sleeve barrel in a light alloy casting. They made a pistol version which I also bought that had the lug reversed, so I machined a slot in the receiver so I could fit either barrel. This was in South Africa so you can understand about the pistol version being available. I also fitted a Crosman skeleton stock and just used it as a lightweight bush rifle when I went on walkabout. The main mod I did to get it to function without jamming was to machine a series of shallow holes in the bolt surface to allow cartridge residue to escape from between the receiver and bolt surface. This often caused these rifles to jam. There are a lot of custom bits for these in the States.
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 05-01-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Interesting, thanks. Some .22 designs seem sensitive to fouling, I remember a Browning Match 150 that didn't like some of the greasier,wax lubed heads. We used to wipe them off before using them but most of the feed issues we ever had came through damage to magazine lips. Some other types were a bit of a pain as the cartridge had to make a leap of faith as it was stripped from the magazine to enter the chamber. Bit of a wonder how they made it as often as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    simple crosshair testicle
    Thanks Donald, at last I understand the origin of "missed by a baw-hair".

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    This was my favourite take down rifle, AR7 Explorer 8 shot .22 R.F., all the action and barrel fits in the stock. The rifle actually floats, but make sure it is assembled first ! Sean Connery actually used one in the James Bond films. Had to do some work on mine to get it to be a reliable semi-auto.

Baz
    Those things are rather cool aren't they? Although if one was stuck on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific, the original .22 Hornet bolt-action type might be more functional, to put say, goat on the menu. But then you would have less ammo, so I could see the sense in a .22 rimfire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Sur...ival-Rifle.jpg

And the AR7 looks more comfortable to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Thanks Donald, at last I understand the origin of "missed by a baw-hair".
    😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Donald