Thread: Know Your Sheridan Rifles And Pistols -- New Edition available

Know Your Sheridan Rifles And Pistols -- New Edition available

Just noticed a 2nd revised and updated version of this long out of print book by Ron Elbe has been published.

Available at Amazon UK for £11.76.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    Just noticed a 2nd revised and updated version of this long out of print book by Ron Elbe has been published.

Available at Amazon UK for £11.76.
    Author's message:

Fellow Airgunners,

Several decades ago, I wrote KNOW YOUR SHERIDAN RIFLES AND PISTOLS. It has been out of print for years.

In response to many requests for copies, I recently published a revised and expanded 2nd edition. It's available on Amazon in paperback and e-book. Just type the title or Ronald Elbe into Amazons Search.

Posting this notice on Airgun forums is the only way I can reach airgunners who have asked for copies.

Thanks,

Ron Elbe
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Sheridans

Just got my copy.

just awaiting delivery of my copy

Just sent for mine!

Thanks for the heads up.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Excellent, thanks for the information. I have been loking for a copy for a long time but thought the available ones were very expensive. Revised copy now ordered ...
    Cheers, Phil

Ordered.

Looks like my copy of the 1st edition is now worth less than it was a few days ago!

Ordered a copy, thnx!

Ordered and on it's way.

Ordered mine Saturday from Amazon and it arrived yesterday, Monday. Excellent read concerning history of the Sheridans, their performance and service manuals. Only read the first maybe 20 pages so far but very pleased.
    Are they still available new in the UK? I seem to remember adverts for the Blue or Silver Streak some time ago but cannot remember where.
    Thank you.
    Cheers, Phil

production of the c series stopped around 89 I think with the solder valve c9 series starting moving on through 2nd and 3rd variant c9's finishing around 2006 ish
    was a reasonable c9a on one of the mewe crosman groups other day around 160ish and was from memory a 2nd model but I didn't really look at the muzzle in the pic to tell if it was 2nd or 3rd

There is also quite a nice looking 1968 Blue Streak (with a Hawke 4-12 X 50 scope) currently for sale on www.guntrader.uk for £295.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    There is also quite a nice looking 1968 Blue Streak (with a Hawke 4-12 X 50 scope) currently for sale on www.guntrader.uk for £295.
    Gosh, that was quick -- it was there this morning and gone by this afternoon!

that's strong money for one and tbh more silver money
    I have a 64 and a 67 and two later 80's c series plus a couple of later c9a's
    would love a silver to go with the gs I got from you Allan one of my 80's c series is polished and I have a friend who works part time for a nickel platers

Yes, even with the fancy scope, it was definitely top wack!

My C series is from 1972 and is in truly great condition. I also have a C9A bought new in 2011 although, as you know Ped, my preference is for the CO2 F series and the later Benjamin 397/392's.

Whilst it's not as lavish as Sheridan Classic American Air Rifles by U J Backus the Ron Erbe book is certainly a worthwhile addition to your library at an unbeatable price.