Thread: Really in a dilemma, new or second hand, your thoughts most appreciated.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oh yeh, and a factory piston fault on an old MK1 97 ....
    Will have been unknown to seller, I'd think -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Sounds like secondhand just became an even better option, as PCPShooter has taken all the duffers off the market
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hello well most of my stuff has been second hand and may be I have been lucky, I havn't had a problem. 4 new rifles and 2 have been the worst bags of sh1t I have ever seen, 1 was so bad as to be unusable.
    So I would say second hand for me.
    All the best and good luck.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Great replies guys, thanks very much to all who contributed, will keep my eyes peeled and see if anything on the BBS jumps out.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Rifle

Go second hand there are some good rifles out there.

I've only bought used, in the past 18 years. All of them TX200's, because I know they can be made right. I shoot FT and I pick up the odd TX from folks moving on to pcp. I traded a known good TX for a TX that the owner said was off. He simply couldn't get it to group, but I knew it had been a stellar performer for 25 years. The front stock bracket, a nice stainless steel aftermarket item, was simply loose. The main thing I wanted it for was, it's #00322 and I already had #00321. Old FT guns are usually a little on the, less than perfect cosmetically list, but they are almost all fine shooters.