Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recomend me a range finder

Recomend me a range finder

Probs been asked a 100 times,but i couldnt find any info.im after a range finder thats not complicated to use and is under £100,i only shoot 40-50 yards max so not bothered about top of the range expensive,just some thing cheap but works well out to 50 yrds.thanks

I bought a Tasco one from Optics Warehouse, £70 and just press a button and go. Got it about a year back, been faultless
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

tascos are a decent bit of kit

Hawk do one its does the job well

Sightmark

Ive just ordered a sightmark one from optics warehouse for £99.95 from their site. Free postage via there. Theyre reduced from over £200. Look good. Hopefully!

Update.

Arrived, opened the box, just didnt feel right, buttons not great in use, pinged the trees in my garden to try and the numbers for the range didnt display properly, parts of the numbers were broken up and missing. Boxed straight back up and sent back. Thats the great thing with dealing with optics warehouse. Will be replaced with a bushnell. Had ones for years for golfing. Will stick with what i know now.
    Last edited by Drake267; 06-01-2019 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Update.

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    Probs been asked a 100 times,but i couldnt find any info.im after a range finder thats not complicated to use and is under £100,i only shoot 40-50 yards max so not bothered about top of the range expensive,just some thing cheap but works well out to 50 yrds.thanks
    JSR GunTuff, bought it donkeys ago and was cheap as chips but has never missed a beat, had a rough life and the plastic is going tacky to touch its that old. One of my better cheap investments!!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

The Redfield range finders are good you can get them in yards or meters what ever suites you best more or less the same a as Leopold

Range finder

Simple, just calibrate your mk1 eyeball! Use every thing, street light, how many paces to it? Ditto junction, shop, field gate, trees . Happy new year, I've just saved you nearly £100! David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragle Jnr View Post
    Simple, just calibrate your mk1 eyeball! Use every thing, street light, how many paces to it? Ditto junction, shop, field gate, trees . Happy new year, I've just saved you nearly £100! David.
    Sorry don't agree. I've hunted for roughly 30 years, got a rf about a year ago, what a revalation, I should of got one years ago. For relatively small outlay, there indispensable imo
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Sorry don't agree. I've hunted for roughly 30 years, got a rf about a year ago, what a revalation, I should of got one years ago. For relatively small outlay, there indispensable imo
    What did we do before range finders eh, I guess everybody missed their target back in the day NOT
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Range finder

The hawk range finder 400 or 600 are very good. I would not hunt without a range finder. There is no way to range find accurately enough by eye, using an LRF is a revelation on how far off you can be by estimation.
    mk2 rapid.22

I’ve got a Bushnell RF that cost about £250 and my mates got an unbranded RF that cost less than half that, but both seem to do the job equally.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    What did we do before range finders eh, I guess everybody missed their target back in the day NOT
    You're clearly using the internet so are not averse to taking advantage of progression in technology so why not range finders? 😀
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Cheers lads ill check those out,thanks for ya time

I have a Nikon.
    It's excellent.
    I've hunted with airguns for 40 years and wouldn't be without one now.