Thread: Cleaning a Drulov DU10 barrel?

Cleaning a Drulov DU10 barrel?

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on the best way to clean a Drulov Du10 barrel please?
    I've never had it apart but understand there are some little prongs in it that feed the next pellet to be shot.
    Will pulling through a cloth patch damage the little prongs?

Thanks,

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone advise me on the best way to clean a Drulov Du10 barrel please?
    I've never had it apart but understand there are some little prongs in it that feed the next pellet to be shot.
    Will pulling through a cloth patch damage the little prongs?

Thanks,

Matt.
    I never cleaned my barrel while in place, but I have worked on a few of these including removing the barrel. There are 4 "collet" type jaws which have critical dimensions. They let the head of the pellet through when loading but hold the skirt of the pellet until firing. If it definitely needs cleaning I would only use a nylon bristle type brush down as far as the breach and stop when you feel a slight resistance.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I never cleaned my barrel while in place, but I have worked on a few of these including removing the barrel. There are 4 "collet" type jaws which have critical dimensions. They let the head of the pellet through when loading but hold the skirt of the pellet until firing. If it definitely needs cleaning I would only use a nylon bristle type brush down as far as the breach and stop when you feel a slight resistance.

Baz
    Thanks Baz,

Think I'll hold off then, could be risky with those little Jaws and I don't want to damage them.

I've had it a while and it feels wrong not giving the barrel a little clean though!

Cheers,

Matt.