Thread: Valuation wanted for Tasco 2.75 by 40 x Vintage Riflescope.

Valuation wanted for Tasco 2.75 by 40 x Vintage Riflescope.

Valuation wanted for a no AO (fixed parallax) Tasco 2.75 by 40 x Vintage Riflescope. Believed to date back to the 80's (but I'm interested in an opinion from anyone with better knowledge of the item). It's generally in fair to good condition, but does have some damage to the finish in the area of the clamp rings but no obvious crimping. It's got Japanese optics and is fitted with a dual x reticule.

Opinions on value welcomed and piccies are available if anyone can host them for me.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 27-01-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Tasco

Hi Vic. Due to damage? And the low mag...£30 - 35 ish. Mach 1.5

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I have one of these with p.a. Good quality jap optics. I don't think the lower mag is much of an issue, but yeah £30-£40 for the condition described sounds about right.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

thanks for the input to date folks, I've amended my original posting to show that the scope is non AO (fixed parallax) as that's likely to make a difference to the valuation.

Vic Thompson.

Quality, niche scope. I think the valuations are correct. I don't think lack it being non P A will have any bearing on value, only it's condition.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    This sort of scope was favoured by some AGW writers in the early 80s, I think Arthur Shepherd had one on his HW35.

There are the advantages of a steady sight picture, lots of light and area, and if you keep ranges to less than 30 yards you can place the shot when hunting very effectively.

In those days 4 x was the standard, and anything over 6 x was considered overglassing. It was only with FT and the gradual introduction of parallax-rangefinding that people went mad for mag...

I've got a similar one that I'm going to put on my HW35 'bitza'. I think I paid £35 for it, a 2.5 x 40 Rhino.

Thanks for all of the input to date folks, I'll put a "For Sale" ad up shortly based on your postings.

Thanks again everone,

Vic Thompson.