Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1624

Thread: 6th & 7th April 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event & Payment Details

Talking of 30's, Mel is absolutely besotted with her LSD version she got from mark, it's an absolute beauty.
    She would also like to apologise to anyone who saw her blatant nude exhibitionism in the small hours of Saturday morning ,Can't take her anywhere .

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Talking of 30's, Mel is absolutely besotted with her LSD version she got from mark, it's an absolute beauty.
    She would also like to apologise to anyone who saw her blatant nude exhibitionism in the small hours of Saturday morning ,Can't take her anywhere .
    Damn I missed that...………...but I saw the nice HW30

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Damn I missed that...………...but I saw the nice HW30
    I've just bought another oldschool 50.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I've just bought another oldschool 50.
    Is there a rotating piston in its future by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You stayed the night again?

Nice one.

Great to meet you.

Hope you have fun fettling the Superstar and getting it just how you want it. That TX was a joy to shoot, too.

And you also managed to witness the even more chilled atmosphere of the Sunday afternoon.

Hope to meet up again.
    I'll be back for the next one as long as it doesn't clash with anything else. My daughter's birthday that week so could maybe tempt her with a camping trip and she can bring her HW25 once I've finished fettling that and fitted a nice scope to it...
    TX200, HW97, Diana 23, BSA Superstar, HW25, SMK B15, Brocock Concept, Diana Chaser, 2250XL

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    having had a couple of shots with Emma's 30S, I think it'll have to be one of those. What a great little plinker they are! Those diopter sights available as standard or do they need purchasing separately?
    Will, see below link to Williams aperture sight for air rifles:-

http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK...ObjectID=56554

Not cheap, not commonly available in England but an excellent product. Got mine a few yrs ago from the above, now wish I'd asked Emma & Gary where her same make of HW30 peep sight came from when I had a shot with it.

To those of you chaps who on here so kindly remarked upon my .22" 80 shooting, I think you merit a gracious thank you. It was a sincere pleasure to shoot with you.

I should point out I was greatly aided by these aperture sights on my 80. The long sight base and precision micrometer adjustment plus perfectly centred sight picture transforms open sighted shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post

Not cheap, not commonly available in England but an excellent product. Got mine a few yrs ago from the above, now wish I'd asked Emma & Gary where her same make of HW30 peep sight came from when I had a shot with it.

To those of you chaps who on here so kindly remarked upon my .22" 80 shooting, I think you merit a gracious thank you. It was a sincere pleasure to shoot with you.

I should point out I was greatly aided by these aperture sights on my 80. The long sight base and precision micrometer adjustment plus perfectly centred sight picture transforms open sighted shooting.
    Thanks Ted That's almost as much as a second hand gun costs so I think I'll have to pass that up (as well as them being on back order so can't get one anyway). I shall have a look on the evil auction site that shall not be mentioned and see what's there that doesn't look like a total waste of money.

Thumbs up

Thanks Ted That's almost as much as a second hand gun costs so I think I'll have to pass that up (as well as them being on back order so can't get one anyway). I shall have a look on the evil auction site that shall not be mentioned and see what's there that doesn't look like a total waste of money.
    put a scope on it
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    put a scope on it
    Also a good option. If I can't get a decent open sight then a small scope it is.

you could try a hw77 rear sight
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post

Hi Ted
    You are very modest mate,you let me have a go with your lovely mk1 80 and it shot real nice,and I had no chance of hitting the Bucket.The Williams peep sight on Emma's gun used to be mine,I got it from Craig P,it's the A G model.I tried it on my bell target gun but couldn't get on with it,had a go with it on Emma's 30s and rang the bell.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    you could try a hw77 rear sight
    What a good suggestion. You could glue a small washer over the u-notch and improvise an aperture, running the block fore and aft as required to perfect the sight picture.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Ted
    You are very modest mate,you let me have a go with your lovely mk1 80 and it shot real nice,and I had no chance of hitting the Bucket.The Williams peep sight on Emma's gun used to be mine,I got it from Craig P,it's the A G model.I tried it on my bell target gun but couldn't get on with it,had a go with it on Emma's 30s and rang the bell.
    Les..
    Cheers Les, so that's where it came from. Pity it didn't suit bell target on your own gun but it is to Emma's gain!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

And Young Joffy's brace of tricked-up LGV pistoned '80s were very nice......especially the .177, J.
    I said the same.. now he has to work out WHY the .177 is better

Thanks to Mick and Shirl for hosting another great bash; been a while since I'd caught up with all you good folks (and Ray) - will be up again in summer...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

[QUOTE=Shed tuner;7671746]I said the same.. now he has to work out WHY the .177 is better

/QUOTE]

I think Young Joffy said that he only managed to have time to cobble them together on the night before the Bash, Jon, and was going to try some different springs in the .22. But that .177 was super, super sweet and like a lazer-guided precision instrument, dropping pellet after pellet atop one another on the (30 yards?) zeroing plate despite the breeze. Dead, dead easy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!