I love your avatar now Dave. A bit more apt one feels

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I love your avatar now Dave. A bit more apt one feels
    WHAT???
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Youre the man of many sausage and egg Mcmuffins

Youre the man of many sausage and egg Mcmuffins
    Especially on the Thursday morning of a Boingering weekend.

Maybe more often?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hopefully mid week with any luck.
    Just a handful of sleeps then, Mike.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Today I ordered a black synthetic HW30 for Jack. If the reach is slightly too long i'm going to search for a cheap second stock and carry out some mods
    Are there other HW stocks (apart from the standard HW30) that fit the 30 Mike? I’ll keep me eye out for one. I’m sure you’ll do a great job on chopping it back mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

I would doubt if the stock from any other model would fit the 30 (without major surgery) Pauly.

Hopefully there will be a few out there as one or two people have custom stocks on their 30s.

And The Sleepometer says

63 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Are there other HW stocks (apart from the standard HW30) that fit the 30 Mike? I’ll keep me eye out for one. I’m sure you’ll do a great job on chopping it back mate
    Cheers mate I'm watching one on Egay for £35.00 at the moment. If I get a wooden one I reckon ill chop it back an inch or two and make a polished ali butt plate to make it good. I might also look into making it adjustable.

Edit: Nice avatar by the way.
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 02-02-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Lunchtime Boing folks, and up we go

Mike, I've got the black 'tactical' stock on my HW30 and it seems to suit most folk, although no youngsters have shot it at the club.

I guess it would be very useful with an adjustable butt pad, and it's a handy and easy to use rifle anyway

I'm well pleased with mine and it's had plenty of pellets through at the club, doing some plinking and pellet testing.

The only issue I had was that the barrel locking mechanism was a bit 'dry', and the action became stiff to open, - a couple of drops of SM50 on the detent cured that

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Cheers mate I'm watching one on Egay for £35.00 at the moment. If I get a wooden one I reckon ill chop it back an inch or two and make a polished ali butt plate to make it good. I might also look into making it adjustable.

Edit: Nice avatar by the way.
    I have a slightly rough hw30 wooden stock. Give me a call if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    What a lovely offer, Mr Bee!

And, if it's a little rough in places, maybe a bonus if young Mike is going to be altering / customising a little.

Robet has one of the Brian Samson adjustable butt pads on his little '30, Mike. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post

Mike, I've got the black 'tactical' stock on my HW30 and it seems to suit most folk, although no youngsters have shot it at the club.

I guess it would be very useful with an adjustable butt pad, and it's a handy and easy to use rifle anyway

I'm well pleased with mine and it's had plenty of pellets through at the club, doing some plinking and pellet testing.

The only issue I had was that the barrel locking mechanism was a bit 'dry', and the action became stiff to open, - a couple of drops of SM50 on the detent cured that

BOING
    "Stiff cocks", certainly a mixed blessing, depending on the circumstance.

Rhys once said that I had "two soft cocks".

He was referring to The Predator and my de-tuned, virtually recoilless 30S in .22.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Thanks very much indeed Mark. That sounds ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post

BOING
    Cheers Paul. I reckon it will be a great starting point for my lad. If i'm honest i'm looking forward to having a little dabble myself too