Page 42 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th & 7th April 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event & Payment Details

And a little evening boingy-uppy!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Cool And into the 30s we go!

BOING!

Yep, indeedy, peeps. Getting closer and closer and nearlier, nearly there. This thing's going to be on us in no time at all.

39 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Smile YAY! Plink!

Managed to squeeze a quick plink in later in the afternoon.

I ended up using one of my 1377s....

Y'see, t'other week whilst surfing on the world wide webby thing, I was getting a bit attracted to the looks and charms of one of those Umarex CPS thingies. Love my HW40 to bits and the grips appear very similar and I like the overall styling. Plus my neck and arms have been giving me some proper grief recently and it sorta gets you thinking more about the ease of use of a CO2 pistol for short range duties.

But then whilst looking at some on-line reviews, it would appear that you're never going to achieve pin-point accuracy and shoot tight little groups like I can with the '40, '45, '70 etc. I was given a Walther CP88 back in 2010 and the accuracy was dire. It was that bad that, to take me out of the equation, I tried it rested at four yards and it struggled to group within two inches! Maybe just a bad example? But very frustrating, especially given the recoilless nature. I had shot one in the past and it was certainly much better than the one in question. Chopped it in for my HW40 which is sublime and so easy to shoot tiny groups with. Not wanting to diss this type of pistol, as their role must certainly be viewed more as offering fast fire fun and plinking action, but the small garden really precludes such use. Also one of the reasons why the PPK has also had hardly any use. That's far too cute to sell, though, and I must make a good, safe BB catcher so I can get using that.

Anyways, whilst perusing the web that other week, it sort of reinforced many of the reasons why I quite like the 1377....cheap as chips, very accurate and exceedingly versatile. Just three dead easy pumps gives enough power for short range target practice and a nice, quiet report, too.

Managed to shoot some nice little groups, like keeping shots within a half inch circle with ease at eight yards. Struggled towards the end of the sesh, though, as the light was fading and I couldn't get a decent sight picture, eyes straining and maybe I'd shot for far too long without a break. Still an enjoyable little sesh, though.

Haven't totally given up on the idea of the CPS, though, so may well re-consider once funds allow. But then I think, "for a little bit more I could get another HW40, in .22 next time, or maybe even a very nice used Boinger". And the idea of a Lincoln Jefferies / BSA Light Pattern is also most appealing.......

Sorry for the ramble, peeps!

Sounds like great fun today Tone. I managed to get a few miles in on the Africa this evening for a couple of hours which was a bit of fun

With regards to the c02 pistols I have a CP99 from years ago and the accuracy is superb. I'll bring it in April if you fancy a dabble

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Sounds like great fun today Tone. I managed to get a few miles in on the Africa this evening for a couple of hours which was a bit of fun

With regards to the c02 pistols I have a CP99 from years ago and the accuracy is superb. I'll bring it in April if you fancy a dabble
    Yep, a good plink was had, Mikey.

Shame I didn't have a little more time to get a Boinger out, though.

Great news re getting the bike out, matey. Glad you enjoyed. It's been warm up here, but I understand even warmer down South. Planning on bringing a fair few Beemers home once it properly warms up.

CP99....... YES PLEASE, Mike. I'd love to have a go with it. Is it the pellet firing one ( I'm no expert but seem to remember that the earlier ones were BB firers - or did they offer both?)? If it's the pellet firer I could maybe try on the bell target? Cheers, matey.

Any more playtime with the 30s and the stock modifications on Jack's?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, a good plink was had, Mikey.

Shame I didn't have a little more time to get a Boinger out, though.

Great news re getting the bike out, matey. Glad you enjoyed. It's been warm up here, but I understand even warmer down South. Planning on bringing a fair few Beemers home once it properly warms up.

CP99....... YES PLEASE, Mike. I'd love to have a go with it. Is it the pellet firing one ( I'm no expert but seem to remember that the earlier ones were BB firers - or did they offer both?)? If it's the pellet firer I could maybe try on the bell target? Cheers, matey.

Any more playtime with the 30s and the stock modifications on Jack's?

The CP 99 is pellet only using 8 shot mags. I'll make sure i've got it on board in April mate.

Progress with the stock is coming along nicely, and has now had four thin coats of oil with a light rub down between coats to keep it nice and smooth. I've lopped off 30mm from the butt and hopefully will be ready to re-assemble at the weekend for Jack to test. I'm going to try and get in a bit of a plinking session tomorrow afternoon if I finish work early.

The CP 99 is pellet only using 8 shot mags. I'll make sure i've got it on board in April mate.

Progress with the stock is coming along nicely, and has now had four thin coats of oil with a light rub down between coats to keep it nice and smooth. I've lopped off 30mm from the butt and hopefully will be ready to re-assemble at the weekend for Jack to test. I'm going to try and get in a bit of a plinking session tomorrow afternoon if I finish work early.
    Re the CP99.....thank you very much, Mike, will look forward to that.

Sounds like the stock work is going very well, mate. Young Jack's going to be well made up.

And make sure you have a most enjoyable plinkety plonk tomorrow.

Had a plink with the new to me hw80 I got as the basis for a .25 80 project. The only problem is it's so blisteringly accurate in .22 I'm tempted to leave it as a .22. Put a cheap and nasty scope on it and it's putting pellet on top of pellet. The first group was so good i thought that after the second shot i was missing the target, that's how good the group was. Admittedly it was only close range in the garden but it bodes well. I've already ordered a slightly better scope and one piece mount from the forum sponsors to hopefully get up the farm with it at the weekend and push the range a bit further out

Chris

A dilemma for sure, Chris.

But also an excuse for another one to join the collection?

And The Sleepometer says, "38 to go, peeps".

BOING!

A dilemma for sure, Chris.

But also an excuse for another one to join the collection?
    My thoughts exactly mate. And if i end up with one of each in .177 .22 and .25 it would be wrong not to get a .20 as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    My thoughts exactly mate. And if i end up with one of each in .177 .22 and .25 it would be wrong not to get a .20 as well lol
    Can't argue with that thought process, Chris.

I'm going to try and get in a bit of a plinking session tomorrow afternoon if I finish work early.
    Did you manage to squeeze a plink in, Mike?

Did you manage to squeeze a plink in, Mike?
    I did indeed mate. Also thoroughly tested five rifles with different pellets to find the best ones and chronographed them. Great fun

I did indeed mate. Also thoroughly tested five rifles with different pellets to find the best ones and chronographed them. Great fun
    So a pretty long sesh then? Good man.