Page 61 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th & 7th April 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event & Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Real life is getting In the way. Not picked up a gun for 2 weeks
    Sympathies, Pete.

Same here. I did have a plink slot promised for last Tuesday but things all went boobs up.

Hoping to rectify today.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    You’re more than welcome to try it out Les and by all means give it a go prior to the Bash if you want.
    Many thanks for meeting up with Gareth yesterday and collecting it on my behalf.
    If you can pm me your phone number I’ll give you a call in the next few days.
    I’d also like to thank Gareth for being so helpful in assisting with the ‘Long Tom’ (as he calls it) odyssey and once again it’s a great example of the kind and decent nature of so many great folk who are part of the BBS Forum and the Boinger Bash fraternity in particular.
    A’ the Best,
    Graeme 😎
    'Tis the Spirit of The Boing.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Lightbulb Sleepometer says

Just 20 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Thanks saw a post somewhere last week on these and i ordered the £22 one thats on a tripod

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

I’d also like to thank Gareth for being so helpful in assisting with the ‘Long Tom’ (as he calls it) odyssey and once again it’s a great example of the kind and decent nature of so many great folk who are part of the BBS Forum and the Boinger Bash fraternity in particular.
    A’ the Best,
    Graeme ��
    My pleasure Graeme my friend, as was only too happy to help a fellow member of the boingeratti clan (lol ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

You’re more than welcome to try it out Les and by all means give it a go prior to the Bash if you want.
    Many thanks for meeting up with Gareth yesterday and collecting it on my behalf.
    If you can pm me your phone number I’ll give you a call in the next few days.
    A’ the Best,
    Graeme 😎
    Hi Graeme
    Your welcome mate,I had a quick look at the 85 and it's in nice clean condition.
    It was also nice to have a chat and catch up with Gareth .
    I'll be seeing you soon mate.
    Regards
    Les..

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post

Hi Graeme
    Your welcome mate , I had a quick look at the 85 and it's in nice clean condition.
    It was also nice to have a chat and catch up with Gareth .
    I'll be seeing you soon mate.
    Regards
    Les..
    Was good to see you again today, too, Les (twice in two days, eh? People will start talking, lol ), and thanks for the walnut FN19 deal, as it'll do very nicely until a skeleton stock FN comes along. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Cool Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Real life is getting In the way. Not picked up a gun for 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sympathies, Pete.

Same here. I did have a plink slot promised for last Tuesday but things all went boobs up.

Hoping to rectify today.
    Finally managed to squeeze in a modest but very enjoyable little session in today.

Just wanted to re-check the freebie Supersport and freebie Gamo following the Beesa's de-tune and Gamo's de-boing a couple of months ago.

Blimey, do I LOVE that little Supersport? Do I! . It positively loves the Hobbies. Admittedly only about ten yards, but it was effortlessly one-holing with them.

The Gamo doesn't like 'em so much. I've tried it with quite a few pellets in the past and it's not particularly fussy, but it really doesn't like the Hobbies.....just under an inch edge to edge at ten yards. Superdomes and it's one-holing too.

Can't wait to let them stretch their legs at Her Royal Quigliness soon.

Good to hear you got some quality shooting time in Tone. Ive been struggling with the 80 today. Finally got the rifle set up internally as i wanted her and accuracy went sour. Then started to notice a horrid grinding sensation on cocking. Stripped her for the millionth time and found what looked like some metal swarf (hell if i know where from) had lodged on the piston and ground deep gouges in the cylinder. Peed off didnt quite cover it. Luckily the gouges are behind the piston seals travel. Several hours of stripping further polishing and polishing the worst of it from inside the cylinder and reassembly and touch wood everything seems to be running correctly. Just had time for a quick zero (back to pleasant smooth cocking and one hole groups at 20 yds) the rifle is coming with me tomorrow for a field test. But im taking the little kral too just in case.

Chris x

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Finally managed to squeeze in a modest but very enjoyable little session in today.

Just wanted to re-check the freebie Supersport and freebie Gamo following the Beesa's de-tune and Gamo's de-boing a couple of months ago.

Blimey, do I LOVE that little Supersport? Do I! . It positively loves the Hobbies. Admittedly only about ten yards, but it was effortlessly one-holing with them.

The Gamo doesn't like 'em so much. I've tried it with quite a few pellets in the past and it's not particularly fussy, but it really doesn't like the Hobbies.....just under an inch edge to edge at ten yards. Superdomes and it's one-holing too.

Can't wait to let them stretch their legs at Her Royal Quigliness soon.
    Sounds good to me Tone. This morning I had my first visit to Swallow HFT club. Absolutely lovely bunch of guys there and I can see regular visits ahead. This afternoon I put together most of the open sight plinking range for my garden and to bring with me in April. Its got some spinners, target holder, hooks for chalk targets and bits to hang cans etc. Also ordered some small angle iron to fix to it incorporating some live blanks
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 17-03-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Sounds good to me Tone. This morning I had my first visit to Swallow HFT club. Absolutely lovely bunch of guys there and I can see regular visits ahead. This afternoon I put together most of the open sight plinking range for my garden and to bring with me in April. Its got some spinners, target holder, hooks for chalk targets and bits to hang cans etc. Also ordered some small angle iron to fix to it incorporating some live blanks
    One of the best things shooting wise for me was joining a shooting club,nice one.
    I have also made a open sight plinking stand thingy after you mentioned possibly making one,I think I will have to be a bit more creative regarding objects to shoot at.how big is your one Mike.
    Les..

One of the best things shooting wise for me was joining a shooting club,nice one.
    I have also made a open sight plinking stand thingy after you mentioned possibly making one,I think I will have to be a bit more creative regarding objects to shoot at.how big is your one Mike.
    Les..
    Its a metre wide and around 600mm high Les. I've bolted some coach bolts up through the top "shelf" to impale cans/tins on. Nice and simple and no need to keep standing the buggers back up. If I get time i'm going to mount a metal plate to take some reactive sticky targets too.

Its a metre wide and around 600mm high Les. I've bolted some coach bolts up through the top "shelf" to impale cans/tins on. Nice and simple and no need to keep standing the buggers back up. If I get time i'm going to mount a metal plate to take some reactive sticky targets too.
    We are both on the same wave length ,my one is 110 wide but is 1500mm high.
    I will have the tin cans hanging from the top ,but not sure about the lower shelf that's in the middle of the stand.
    I will have to assemble it once I'm at the hollow.
    Just need to save some more tin cans from the refuse bin..
    Les..

I will have the tin cans hanging from the top ,but not sure about the lower shelf that's in the middle of the stand.
    Les..
    I've got a carrier bag of plinking bits accumulating in the shed. All cleaned of course, no baked bean tins with festering beans or anything like that

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Les..
    I've got a carrier bag of plinking bits accumulating in the shed. All cleaned of course, no baked bean tins with festering beans or anything like that
    Lads....... Come on........ when have you ever known a shortage of empty cans at A Bash ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22