Page 64 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th & 7th April 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event & Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Steve's secret is out! Just seen the boss of Gambon on TV. PRESIDENT BONGO has just announced a marine reserve
    Excellent!

Is his line of exotic drinks, "Um Bongo", still on the go, too?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    Im also fetching a few open sighted guns one from 1907 and one from 1912 plus a few more made before 1980
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Wow !! Sounds cool Alan
    They most certainly do, Pauly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    So far so good, had a wee plink out to 40 yards with the 80, but it was the kral that got used in anger as I'm still not familiar enough with the 80 to be happy using it on live quarry. A cold and windy day but we put together a respectable mixed bag in the end most importantly no repetition of the swarf incident

Chris x
    Nice one, Chris.

And, yes, fully appreciate you wanting to get more time in with the '80 prior to using it on live quarry.

I haven’t got any rifles on ‘opens’ . My HW77K came with open sights but it just begged for a scope. I’ll bring a couple of pistols but would love a chance to really see what ‘Our Tone’ is tempting me into...... a HW30 so...... a go on someone’s may just tempt me eh ?
    Hee hee hee!

Yep, you'll certainly find it difficult to resist the charms of the sweet little '30, especially with no scope, keeping the profile so slim and pure.

A fair few other open sighted guns will also be sure to impress, no doubt, Pauly.

I’m currently sitting in a Prem Inn in this ‘ere London right now. Was due a baccy run to Belgium in the morn but it was cancelled and I’d paid for the two night stay here ages ago Had a night out in Baker St with a lovely young lady friend (ex colleague) of mine which was nice but would rather be at home in the countryside right now to be honest. So tomorrow...... think I’ll go to Woody’s in Wembley and spend a bit of time there..... it’s a bit like that Desmond’s Barber shop on TV but guns and not haircuts if you know what I mean. Probably pop over to my old permission at the farm/stables too to see a few old faces which will be nice but I haven’t brought any guns with me unfortunately
    Although not quite the trip you expected, still nice to catch up with a few folk and visit old stomping grounds, Pauly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Yes matey, plink away with her; for a 109yrs old gun she does very well at 11.5ft lbs with .22" Superdomes, so precisely zeroed on the fine iron sights that she's good for 30yds on spinners and knockdowns.
    Sounds positively lovely; thanks Ted.

Is my Avatar just a bit too rude/offensive ?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Got to be done mate. I'm going to put Jacks shortened 30 back in the original stock for the bash as it has open sights. Feel free to plink away until temptation gets the better of you.
    You're not leaving it in the shortened stock for Pauly?

Is my Avatar just a bit too rude/offensive ?
    Yes

image.jpeg

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Cheers Mick, that’s confirmed it for me........

.... It’s staying
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Open sight guns.......

Decisions, decisions.......

Erm, er, although I have quite a few on opens, lack of gun slips means I'll maybe only be able to bring one along (as I want to see how the Supersport and Gamo do)...... All my 35s are on opens, and a few 30s, but I've always been reluctant to use for long as I'd rather give them a really good look over for potential galling and maybe a fettle. The de-tuned 30S wears a little Simmons. Oh, and there's the 55T and 300S, but the FWB has visited before and the 55 hasn't been used for years and requires de-twanging.

So methinks either the Slavia or the little Diana 24D. The 24 has never been to The Bash but is a really smooth little shooter with effortless cocking. And I reckon it'd be lovely on the bell target, too. I could bring one of the 35s, my old battle-scarred one but which shoots very sweetly with V-Mach spring and guide set. But I'd be forever in fear of The Tinster doing a runner with it and performing all manner of nasties with it. If his little legs allowed him to get far!

Think it might be the Diana.

And it looks like we're going to have a lovely showing of vintage, classic and modern open sighters on parade!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Harsh.

But funny!

Any more fun tokens arrived, Mick?

I spoke with DavyWavy yesterday and it looks like he will be coming. Hopefully Gina, too.

And the two chaps I spoke of a few weeks ago.....I'm due to see one of them on Saturday when he comes for a test ride, so I'll work on them.

.... It’s staying
    You tell him, little Bruv.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You're not leaving it in the shortened stock for Pauly?

.... It’s staying

Bugger you then, Paul, you're no fun today --- I'll get back on with riding my moped past Mr Chip on Shoulder's house.