Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th & 7th April 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event & Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'll have to try the hobbies myself. I've been feeding mine and Jacks 30's AA diablo express but as you say the hobbies are a damn sight cheaper. What sort of range are they good to?
    Well, Mike.......

I've used Hobbies for donkeys' years in many of my guns. Since about 1978, I think. When I first bought them they were bought to suit my HW35 at the time, as the old 5.6mm Wasps were too tight and I wanted to try these "exotic" German pellets. They were effective, for sure. And I once dropped a rook, stone cold, at 35 yards with the Hobby's slightly heavier brother, the Diablo.

Once the Superdomes became available, I only really used the wadcutters for short range ratting and for home duties (as I do now). But at the last Bash, Daz and Craig were joyfully taking out the 75 yards+ spinners with the .22 Hobbies, so it got me thinking of them in an entirely new light. Nice Daz even gave me a tin of these older Hobbies (green lid).

The Supersport that I've mentioned a lot recently absolutely loves them and one of the reasons why I've simply got to bring that along to The Bash is because I want to see how the combination behaves at those longer ranges. Had another very enjoyable session with it in the back garden this afternoon and it's fabulously accurate with them......more of that later.

I also use the .177s at home a lot, too. Again, most of my guns seem to like them, but I think it's fair to guess that they're going to shed velocity quite alarmingly over those longer ranges.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Paul......what stock did you go for on the 30?
    I think it was the short one, Mike.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Paul......what stock did you go for on the 30?
    Er, erm, sorry about that last post, Pauly.

Yep, what was it, then, wood or synthetic?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    Nice one mate i may have to buy one now to join the club but would a hw30 not look like a pistol in my hands lol😂
    Al, you'd absolutely love it.

Get one!

Nice one mate i may have to buy one now to join the club but would a hw30 not look like a pistol in my hands lol😂
    You are a bit of a unit mate,but the Hw30 is a very accommodating rifle for all ages and sizes..
    I got my one from Chippendale ,and it's great on the Bell target.
    Les..

An HW30 in each hand mate. The terminator of the plinking world

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, Mike.......

I've used Hobbies for donkeys' years in many of my guns. Since about 1978, I think. When I first bought them they were bought to suit my HW35 at the time, as the old 5.6mm Wasps were too tight and I wanted to try these "exotic" German pellets. They were effective, for sure. And I once dropped a rook, stone cold, at 35 yards with the Hobby's slightly heavier brother, the Diablo.

Once the Superdomes became available, I only really used the wadcutters for short range ratting and for home duties (as I do now). But at the last Bash, Daz and Craig were joyfully taking out the 75 yards+ spinners with the .22 Hobbies, so it got me thinking of them in an entirely new light. Nice Daz even gave me a tin of these older Hobbies (green lid).

The Supersport that I've mentioned a lot recently absolutely loves them and one of the reasons why I've simply got to bring that along to The Bash is because I want to see how the combination behaves at those longer ranges. Had another very enjoyable session with it in the back garden this afternoon and it's fabulously accurate with them......more of that later.

I also use the .177s at home a lot, too. Again, most of my guns seem to like them, but I think it's fair to guess that they're going to shed velocity quite alarmingly over those longer ranges.
    I'll have a dabble. I use them in most of my pistols as the accuracy is superb in them. I'm not sure I've ever put one through a rifle. I'm thinking the .22's wil be great for cans etc

We could start a club for HW30's at this rate, could have a nice little competition to look forward to.
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    HW 95 .22 AA S410K .177 FX Wildcat .22 HW30 .177 HW90 .25 FX Maverick2

A great plan Phil. I've reckon its the beginning of something beautiful and boingery

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Well, I’ve just got back from my old gun shop in Wembley, spent about an hour there chatting to the lads and generally catching up and.... Yep ! Came out with a new rifle under my arm...... so I’ve done it Tone, a nice little HW30 with open sights in .22 As I pass by my old Range/Club on my way home tomorrow it would only be right to pop in and zero up the little fella at 20yds all ready for The Bash
    20 yards.
    Right who's bringing the paint tin cans then??.
    My tired old eyes are going to struggle at that range.
    Les..

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Er, erm, sorry about that last post, Pauly.

Yep, what was it, then, wood or synthetic?
    No worries Tone, it’s usually you defending me in some way so your allowed a jibe now and then.

I got the wooden stock. I can believe how light it all feels
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    20 yards.
    Les..
    Whoops ! Am I being a bit too ambitious Les ? Or won’t the 30 shoot that far
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    20 yards.
    Les..
    Ah, you obviously mean the Humbrol model paint tins, Les.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    No worries Tone, it’s usually you defending me in some way so your allowed a jibe now and then.

I got the wooden stock. I can believe how light it all feels
    Cheers Pauly.

They do feel lovely, don't they. All compact and purposeful and beautifully balanced.

You are going to love it, matey.

The hw30 will shoot well beyond 20yards mate. I think its the open sights that make life difficult at that range, they do for me with my dodgy vision