Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1624

Thread: 6th & 7th April 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event & Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ah, you obviously mean the Humbrol model paint tins, Les.

I've been getting some practice in at home with monkey nuts at 16 yards with the 35 Lochschafte on opens. Tonight I put opens back on the 77 and started off with some yoghurt pots full of water. They certainly react to being walloped with a .22 that's for sure
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 19-03-2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Beause i'm a mis spelling twat!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    The hw30 will shoot well beyond 20yards mate. I think its the open sights that make life difficult at that range, they do for me with my dodgy vision
    Who's going to be the first to deck the Quigley bucket with a 30??????

Captain Bongo is online now I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Transporter. The man is offensively good at standing shots with other peoples guns.

The Supersport that I've mentioned a lot recently absolutely loves them and one of the reasons why I've simply got to bring that along to The Bash is because I want to see how the combination behaves at those longer ranges. Had another very enjoyable session with it in the back garden this afternoon and it's fabulously accurate with them......more of that later..
    Peeps, I've started another thread on the Supersport. As well as showing how utterly besotted I'm getting with this thing, I was also wanting to try and gauge if I've just just got really lucky with this one and how accurate it is and seek others' experiences of these and Lightnings.

Some of you will remember seeing this nail of a rifle (looks wise), the gouges and scrawks, the heavily "customised" stock, the vertical adjustment turret hanging out and a white plastic cover stuck over the horizontal adjuster. But it shoots lovely and accurately. And, most importantly, the accuracy seems so easily accessible. It has actually stunned me.

Oh yes, I have some scopes spare, but I also love the scope that's on it. It's a 4x32 with the vertical post ending at the centre with a pointy bit at the top of the post and a thin horizontal line going through the top of the fat bit of the post. Using the pointy bit (being very technical here) as the aiming mark makes it very easy.

If you haven't seen it, be prepared for a shock. It's 'nowt to look at but it shoots lovely, I love it and it's a keeper. When I first got it (freebie, Yay!) I thought it would "just do" as a short range ratter and plinker / manky weather gun but it's become much, much more than that.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Tried and failed many, many, many times mate and that was with a scope on lol.

Chris x

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Transporter. The man is offensive.
    Ftfy mate

Not really Ray, love you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Transporter. The man is offensively good at standing shots with other peoples guns.
    And don't forget CraigP, too.

Plus he's not a cult!

And did someone once do it with a Webley pistol? Was it Tinners?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

It was nick with a precharged smk pistol iirc. I wonder if anyone will ever do it with a spring powered pistol?

Ah, you obviously mean the Humbrol model paint tins, Les.
    Tony your such a wind up you are,you know I'm short sighted.
    It's the real challenge of using the opens that do it for me,and when I miss I can blame my poor eye sight..
    I going to try out the new tin can target stand in my lunch break at work tomorrow and see how I get on at 20 yards.
    Regards
    Les..

It was nick with a precharged smk pistol iirc. I wonder if anyone will ever do it with a spring powered pistol?
    Now there's a challenge Chris. HW45 on standby...……………..10,000 pellets later

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Tony your such a wind up you are,you know I'm short sighted.
    It's the real challenge of using the opens that do it for me,and when I miss I can blame my poor eye sight..
    I going to try out the new tin can target stand in my lunch break at work tomorrow and see how I get on at 20 yards.
    Regards
    Les..
    I also love the challenge but also the purity of looks of a gun on open sights, Les.
    Plus they don't magnify any wobbles!

Short sighted? Les, easily corrected, you gotta do it. I jest you not, if I were to take my jam jar bottoms off I wouldn't be able to even see such a small target at five yards, let alone dreaming of hitting it!

I also love the challenge but also the purity of looks of a gun on open sights, Les.

Short sighted? Les, easily corrected, you gotta do it. I jest you not, if I were to take my jam jar bottoms off I wouldn't be able to even see such a small target at five yards, let alone dreaming of hitting it!
    Same here, I'm a contact lense wearer. Seriously short sighted

I wonder if anyone will ever do it with a spring powered pistol?
    Bloody hell, you could pull the trigger then have a cup of tea while you wait for the pellet to get to the bucket.

Peeps, I've started another thread on the Supersport. As well as showing how utterly besotted I'm getting with this thing, I was also wanting to try and gauge if I've just just got really lucky with this one and how accurate it is and seek others' experiences of these and Lightnings.

Some of you will remember seeing this nail of a rifle (looks wise), the gouges and scrawks, the heavily "customised" stock, the vertical adjustment turret hanging out and a white plastic cover stuck over the horizontal adjuster. But it shoots lovely and accurately. And, most importantly, the accuracy seems so easily accessible. It has actually stunned me.

Oh yes, I have some scopes spare, but I also love the scope that's on it. It's a 4x32 with the vertical post ending at the centre with a pointy bit at the top of the post and a thin horizontal line going through the top of the fat bit of the post. Using the pointy bit (being very technical here) as the aiming mark makes it very easy.

If you haven't seen it, be prepared for a shock. It's 'nowt to look at but it shoots lovely, I love it and it's a keeper. When I first got it (freebie, Yay!) I thought it would "just do" as a short range ratter and plinker / manky weather gun but it's become much, much more than that.
    Hi Tone
    I have a Lightning in .25 cal that I've always liked.
    I will bring it to the Bash if you want??,it will be fun shooting it on the tin cans .
    Les..

I have specs for night time driving,and they do sharpen up the distance targets but the open sights are well out of focus.
    Most of the older classic guns came with opens ,and the lower cheek piece stocks suited them better.
    Les..