Thread: Webley

nikonf Guest

Webley

Wanted “mint” Senior,Premier, top price paid. That does not mean ott?
    Calibre preferred .177, but .22 fine.

Apologies if this reply is construed as being obstructive, but if you can provide "a purchase price range vs quality of offering" this would help anyone trying to offer suitable items with valuable information regarding their efforts as being helpful or otherwise.

As an aside, I notice that you've posted similar postings previously over a reasonably wide timescale, have you managed to accrue any prior purchases as a result of such ?

I ask as I could possibly help you further depending on your budget and requirements but would like that yours and mine efforts are best appreciated.

Apologies again if you feel that I am being obstructive in your efforts, but please respond if you can to my genuine queries in the matter.

Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 09-01-2019 at 06:48 PM.

nikonf Guest

Webley

Hi,
    No issue with what you are saying, it is good you are looking!
    I have bought of the Wanted adds, but saw on your Collectsble Forum, and saw people
    advertising on their for sale?
    So want to buy as said a “mint” Senior or Premier, which I have not found yet.
    price is difficult to put on, as it always is dependant on condition, but if you wish, can say
    a price range of £200 to £300, and hesitate to say not a dealers price, but there again , never say never!
    Again eveverthing depends on condition, suffice to say have bought good which were mint, and mint that
    were poor!
    Kindest Regards

ps am not a dealer, am of an age which you can see!
    Just want to pay the going price for the pistol?
    Last edited by nikonf; 10-01-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by nikonf View Post
    Hi,
    No issue with what you are saying, it is good you are looking!
    I have bought of the Wanted adds, but saw on your Collectsble Forum, and saw people
    advertising on their for sale?
    So want to buy as said a “mint” Senior or Premier, which I have not found yet.
    price is difficult to put on, as it always is dependant on condition, but if you wish, can say
    a price range of £200 to £300, and hesitate to say not a dealers price, but there again , never say never!
    Again eveverthing depends on condition, suffice to say have bought good which were mint, and mint that
    were poor!
    Kindest Regards

ps am not a dealer, am of an age which you can see!
    Just want to pay the going price for the pistol?
    Come to Kempton in March and take your pick...

Too true Peter, you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm sure that whilst there are plenty of good Webley Air Pistols out there, apart from Dealers most people part with them infrequently and reluctantly. Consequently (again in my opinion), they generally fetch a good price as demand exceeds supply and a lot of collectors know how hard they are to come by and price accordingly. At Kempton in particular (and at other Arms Fairs to maybe a lesser extent) there will be a mix of both dealers and private individuals with a range of Webley Air Pistols in various states of originality and "newness" for a whole range of prices, usually allowing for a choice of preferred purchase in most resonable budget ranges. It's obviously a bit of a trek for you but you might be able to buy four of five Pistols in one fell swoop and short circuit your searching time. Also (although this might not be of too much interest to you), there's often a range of spare parts available which means that if you come across a good item with a damaged removeable parts (Grips, Barrel and Stirrup Latch in particular) sometimes it's worth buying it knowing that spares could well be available at the next Kempton.

I'll be there looking for a 0.177 Premier and have high hopes of finding one (or six or seven if the price is right).

Vic Thompson.

nikonf Guest

Webley

Many thanks for your reply!
    have managed to buy a mintish Senior, for a good price,whatever that is?
    The linkages are tight, and spring is strong, look of the the draw?
    Looking for one in similar cdn, time is not an issue, quality is!
    Willing to pay the going price, not a dealers price!
    Kindest Regards
    Mike