Thread: RichardH Contact me please.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Still no reply to my emails, texts and voice messages, his mobile is permanently switched off.
    Does anyone know Richard Harvey personally that can speak to him or pm me his new address?

Richard is a good mate of mine.
    Admittedly we’ve not caught up much for the past few years (apart from at the springer bashes) due to circumstances - but he’s a good bloke.
    I’ve tried a few times to contact him in order to help you lads out. However I’m getting the same answer phone as you guys. I can only imagine something is seriously troubling him and I hope it’s sorted soon enough for all parties involved.
    I’ll continue trying to get hold of him.

Best, Craig.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Richard........

Sorry to see you have been unwell. Hope you are better very soon Mate!
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Hi cozzamec did Richard ever get back to you?

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

arnie2b Guest
    Richard has never ripped anyone off afaik for now so I doubt he's going to start. That's what everybody's afraid off and there have been plenty of rip of merchants posting on here before but they've all been removed in the end.
    It is known that he's got health issues so one has to be patient when he's able to he should get back to you.
    No communication is always wrong but you're not in his shoes at the moment much to the annoyance to almost everyone who's posted in this thread.
    I call that tough titty you've just got to be patient, pressurizing him will only have the opposite effect.

I once waited 8 effing years no joke for a dude to do some work on a pair of barrels of mine and he hadn't even started.
    That's when my patience ran low and I got them back as soon as I asked.
    Last edited by arnie2b; 23-03-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie2b View Post
    Richard has never ripped anyone off afaik for now so I doubt he's going to start. That's what everybody's afraid off and there have been plenty of rip of merchants posting on here before but they've all been removed in the end.
    It is known that he's got health issues so one has to be patient when he's able to he should get back to you.
    No communication is always wrong but you're not in his shoes at the moment much to the annoyance to almost everyone who's posted in this thread.
    I call that tough titty you've just got to be patient, pressurizing him will only have the opposite effect.

I once waited 8 effing years no joke for a dude to do some work on a pair of barrels of mine and he hadn't even started.
    That's when my patience ran low and I got them back as soon as I asked.
    Well said. I left a very valuable (to me) pair of barrels with him before Christmas. Yes, I'd like them sorted but I'm not stressing about it as he comes across as a very honourable guy. Until I know what the delay issue is, I'm being patient and trust it will all be OK.

I have had work done by Richard and has always been hard to get hold of. His work is to a very high standard and very reasonable prices.
    He is always juggling his time and when injury strikes a one man band it impact everything.
    Nobody will be ripped off that’s 100%

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Well said. I left a very valuable (to me) pair of barrels with him before Christmas. Yes, I'd like them sorted but I'm not stressing about it as he comes across as a very honourable guy. Until I know what the delay issue is, I'm being patient and trust it will all be OK.
    Duncan

You have a PM with a new phone number, unfortunately my employers terminated my contract while I was ill.

Rich
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Hi cozzamec did Richard ever get back to you?

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Hi Barrel,
    No I've had no replies to any communication, he's stopped posting on the forum also.
    I've now contacted Holts, who have said he will probably be at Kempton!! So can't be that poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    Hi Barrel,
    No I've had no replies to any communication, he's stopped posting on the forum also.
    I've now contacted Holts, who have said he will probably be at Kempton!! So can't be that poorly.
    He wasn’t at Kempton as he was still in hospital, so maybe he was....

This one is a bit more difficult, your parts were returned to you Mike and signed for as in good condition.

Yes absolutely they were delayed but the couriers legal responsibility ends with that signature, given it seems that your elderly neighbour signed for the parcel and didn’t notice it had been opened and the barrel and cylinder were missing responsibility becomes somewhat cloudy.

However given you’ve waited ages I don’t have much of a choice here, the paintwork cost I have already waived let me know whether you would prefer .177 or .22 and I will order a replacement barrel & cylinder, Cerakote it to match and courier it to your nominated RFD.

I hope that closes this one off

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    He wasn’t at Kempton as he was still in hospital, so maybe he was....

This one is a bit more difficult, your parts were returned to you Mike and signed for as in good condition.

Yes absolutely they were delayed but the couriers legal responsibility ends with that signature, given it seems that your elderly neighbour signed for the parcel and didn’t notice it had been opened and the barrel and cylinder were missing responsibility becomes somewhat cloudy.

However given you’ve waited ages I don’t have much of a choice here, the paintwork cost I have already waived let me know whether you would prefer .177 or .22 and I will order a replacement barrel & cylinder, Cerakote it to match and courier it to your nominated RFD.

I hope that closes this one off

Rich
    Rich,
    When I contacted Holts they never mentioned anything to do with hospitals or surgery (I also never mentioned anything to do with why I was wanting to contact you as not there business) , they apologised and said you should be at Kempton, they obviously weren't aware of the seriousness of your condition, I hope you are on the mend.

I've used parcelforce myself many times and I thought they contacted the recipients also in the case of missing items, I've heard nothing from them regarding these or yourself for two months?
    You told me on the phone you were going to speak to them that day as the quite distinctive part should hopefully be on the van or at the depot.
    I've still got the round cardboard box with the bit of tape on the end thats open that you sent the parts in as per the pictures I sent you.

As for the neighbour signing for it, she wouldn't have known to look at the ends for a bit of loose tape as I didn't even notice myself until I started to open it and as per their terms and conditions she signed to say recieved, not the contents of the parcel :

2.5 When delivering a Consignment, if the particular Service provides for it, Parcelforce Worldwide will request the person who accepts delivery (not necessarily the Recipient in person) to sign an acknowledgment of receipt, which may include signature by electronic means.

It's not cloudy, they were lost in parcel force transit and you shouldn't have to pay for that, I appreciate the offer of replacement parts but you should be compensated via parcel force first and I'm willing to cooperate fully to help, hence why I've kept everything excatly as arrived that day.

I know you don't use pm's on here so I'll contact you on your new mobile number in the morning.

Mike
    Last edited by cozzamec; 16-04-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Richard is a good mate of mine.
    Admittedly we’ve not caught up much for the past few years (apart from at the springer bashes) due to circumstances - but he’s a good bloke.
    I’ve tried a few times to contact him in order to help you lads out. However I’m getting the same answer phone as you guys. I can only imagine something is seriously troubling him and I hope it’s sorted soon enough for all parties involved.
    I’ll continue trying to get hold of him.

Best, Craig.
    Craig

Sorry mate my work phone and email went when I finished there new number is 07975 669555

Triple level spinal surgery that goes wrong isn’t something I recommend to anyone, that said that’s not the forums problem.

I would be at Micks but can’t drive for another 5 weeks

R

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Craig

Sorry mate my work phone and email went when I finished there new number is 07975 669555

Triple level spinal surgery that goes wrong isn’t something I recommend to anyone, that said that’s not the forums problem.

I would be at Micks but can’t drive for another 5 weeks

R
    Christ mate, I hope you’re on the mend.
    Give me a shout if you need anything, I’m off work for a while and we’re long overdue a couple of pints.
    Take care, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation